Join TexasGunTalk

Bump stock hearing.

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by saltwater_therapy, Mar 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertc1024

robertc1024 Test Test Test TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Not at all when concerning BAFTE. You could have two identical machine guns and if the paperwork weren't in order, one could send you to prison, one is fine.

2. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    TheMailMan, Kar98 and toddnjoyce like this.
  3. benenglish

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Tax and insurance planning can lead to very odd-looking business decisions. You're right, though. This one is a head-scratcher.

toddnjoyce and Southpaw like this.
  4. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    My point was that for most practical purposes, there should be little difference in "regulation" of these.

I do not agree with ANY "gun control" applied to non-criminal citizens. PERIOD ! IMHO, "gun control" can only make everything worse. Sadly, many, especially urbanites and politicians just can't seem to understand that.

Several of my friends in both TX & LA have "legal", licensed full-auto pieces and I've never heard of any problem with them.

Please let's stick to differences between or similarities of the AR15 and the M16, for discussion here.

leVieux

TheMailMan likes this.
  5. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    On that note, not that I care anymore, you don't have to be a US citizen to own and carry guns. Law-abiding, legal permanent residents have these rights, also. Check your handy pocket Constitution and see where it uses "citizen" vs. "people". ;)

6. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    FCG, carrier, extra hole for the auto sear pin, size of roll pin holes, lower receiver machining.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    leVieux likes this.
  7. IT4me

IT4me New Member

Mar 26, 2019
    By the River, under a tree
    60,000 unbelieveable!!

8. benenglish

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm a member of all three organizations so my bump stock is legal as of the time I write this. According to an email I got, this is changing.

I haven't confirmed any of this. I'll follow up tomorrow with sources (if I can) but I wanted to put something out tonight in case anyone knows more about this than I do.

Apparently, since the emergency filing was denied today, an April 10 deadline to surrender or destroy the stocks has been negotiated. The government has agreed that if you turn in your stock at an ATF field office, you'll be provided a receipt. The ATF will retain the stock pending the outcome of the lawsuit. If the lawsuit is ultimately successful, you can take your receipt back down to the ATF field office and they'll give you back your bump stock.

The source of the info in the preceding paragraph is an email from Florida Carry. They cite no sources. Their web site and all the other web sites of the plaintiffs and their lawyers are NOT updated with any information about this. I hope that at least bumpstockcase.com will have authoritative cites this weekend.

I can see the future unfolding along several different paths but without authoritative sources to read it's pretty difficult to weigh options.

9. benenglish

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Text of the Supreme Court denial. This would seem to indicate that the April 10 deadline could be granted by the DC Circuit but was not granted by the USSC. The Florida Carry email seems to indicate the short-term stay has been granted but I'm still looking for the order. I won't believe it until I read it. Until I do, walking into an ATF field office with a bump stock doesn't sound particularly smart to me.

Anyway, the text:

10. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Here’s your receipt.
    Aaaaand now you’re in a federal database, even if you get your bumpstock back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dad_Roman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.