Join TexasGunTalk

Bump stock hearing.

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by saltwater_therapy, Mar 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That occurred to me.

There are plenty of ways this could go. However, assuming the Florida Carry email is correct, what are the most likely outcomes if you choose to get into compliance via surrendering the stock?
    1. The lawsuit ultimately fails.
      • Your bumpstock is gone.
      • You're in the ATF database as someone who is not their friend.
    2. The lawsuit ultimately prevails.
      • You get your bumpstock back but that's kind of meaningless. Why? Because newly made bumpstocks come back on the market and many thousands of old ones come out of hiding, i.e. they're available to purchase again.
      • You're still in the ATF database as someone who is not their friend.
    That's a distinction without too much of a difference. If I truly have until the 10th to comply with the rule, all the options are back on the table.

Confusion and fatigue rule my brain at the moment. I'll come back when I have more info.

Southpaw likes this.
  2. roadrunner

roadrunner Well-Known

Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Ben,
    I would bet that the bump stock that you had has been stolen. 'wink' Go look for it I bet it is gone. 'wink'

3. benenglish

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Posted on ARFCOM by what I believe to be the account of Adam Kraut:
    I have been unable to find this information from a primary source. The DC Circuit Court web site doesn't have it or I don't know how to look it up properly.

4. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    And that would be the 64th federal database I have been entered into at this point one more does not matter

5. benenglish

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Unless something crazy happens with the guy from Utah, the bump stock thing is over for us normal folks. Mine went out in the trash, smashed into little pieces, last Wednesday.

I hate admitting defeat but what's done is done. And so is this thread. It's too depressing to continue. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.