• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The company is ROYAL TIGER IMPORTS in Florida.

I get several emails a day on 'deals' and price changes.

I did buy a few dozen G3 aluminum Mags for a dollar each years ago. I bought a Carcano carbine 6.5mm in the past.

Sometimes they have good deals.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Royal Tiger has a pretty crappy reputation. Cool, but they look pretty rough.

rl96ss,

I cannot say what RTI's reputation is NOW is but about 2 years ago I purchased a M16 parts kit from them & it was in BETTER condition than it was advertised to be.

That said, the physical condition of the surplus firearms out of Ethiopia seems to vary from FAIR to "pure junk", with the overall condition to be mostly to the BAD end of that spectrum.
    (Ethiopia did NOT care for their weapons well.)

NOTE: Earlier today, I got an email from a forum member of another gun forum, with a photos from Ethiopia of M1 Carbines seemingly "thrown into a pile in the middle of a floor".
    NO WONDER that I'm hearing that many of the carbines sold by RTI are often "rusted junk".

yours, satx

Last edited:

Junkyard36

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2020
    Georgetown, TX
    Was debating pulling the trigger on one of their Ethiopian Enfields when they were coming in. There was always something in the back of my mind telling me not to - after reading this thread, it seems my hesitancy was in order.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I did order a Carcano 91 carbine 6.5 ($249.99) that was at a special time limited price on a weekend about a year ago. The order did not complete because the website is a complicated sort and I called on Monday (when they opened for business) to complete the order.

The lady that answered the phone told me the price of $299.99 and I told her that I ordered it during the sale during the weekend but she insisted that the price was $299.99. I insisted that the sale price was $249.99 but she asked if I wanted to place the order at $299.99? I declined.

I saw the same special time limited offer a few months later for the same rifle for $249.99 so I completed the purchase online.(finally figured out the crazy/complicated order procedure)

I got an email from Royal Tiger Imports about an order for the rifle. They wanted $299.99 to charge the credit card and ship.

I wrote back and stated that the price was $249.99 and I will not pay 299.99 for the purchase.

They emailed back and told me that the $249.99 was NOT the one they were inquiring about. They wanted to know if I wanted the one for $299.99 I ordered several months ago and never completed the order?

I declined the $299.99 order and finally got the $249.99 rifle.(different later order)

I have collected some Carcano 6.5 over the years.
    I now have two 91/24 Carcano short rifles and two model 91 carbines so I am good for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might need a Model 91 long rifle?
    Maybe a Model 38?

Top Bottom