• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    But why? I don't see much point to living if you're isolated and locked away in a tiny space like that. I wouldn't mind having something like that, maybe a smaller version, on some out of the property I might have, but most of the utility would be storage and as a tornado shelter.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Well.....I can't afford one and don't know if I would buy one if I could.....but kinda like a fall-out shelter I see it as a retreat from immediate danger that a person or family would hopefully be able to emerge from once the trouble is past. I wouldn't want to live in one either.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    Reminiscent of the bunker array on the north side of Camp Bullis near the Dominion.
    Do they leave the gas alarm system intact?
    Asking for a friend.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Original houses in my neighborhood date back to the late 40's early 50's. One house on the block has an old bomb shelter. Only way I know this is from them having to pump out the water after a good rain.

As far as bunkers go when I had a compound bow I use to shoot it indoors because it was free. With my then work schedule I spent a lot of time shooting the bow. Some rich strange guy shows up with a cross bow. He goes on about his cross bow then his bunker comes up. How nice it is how expensive it was his family is safe no matter what.

When I asked him just how much flammable liquid down his air intake or exhaust would it take to drive him out he was dumbfounded!

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    We call them storm shelters around here. We have gone down into them quite a few times when tornados were coming through.

Where I grew up we had a storm cellar that also doubled as a fall-out shelter. We lived near a SAC base so it was on everyone's mind. On my 15th summer I slept in it. Like an extra bedroom.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Would be cool on a desolate property and could be camouflaged so it wouldn't be easily found........

Problem is, when we show/tell everyone/anyone what we have and it defeats the purpose.....

Top Bottom