• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    There’s also quite a few healthy folks eating a carnivore diet with no processed foods. The other end of the speectrum works too.

Good luck to you on that. The low/no carb diets are certainly popular these days. I think Keto and CBD Oil emails are the biggest SPAM I get these days.

I’ve looked at Keto and Carnivore. Short term results do appear great. But what is going on with the colon and intestines? How does cancer activity fit in? What are the long term issues with the immune system?

When you eat a lot of meat and fats and little fiber, you run the risk of developing “leaky gut” syndrome. Also, our immune systems are largely based in our digestive system, and the bacteria associated with animal foods are not the ones most conducive to good digestive processes.

There have been many long term studies on high animal consumption in groups like the Eskimo and Inuit tribes (fatty fish and mary be mammals and red meat) and the Maasai in Africa (milk, blood, meat). There are good and not so good results.

When you look at the “Blue Zone” diets around the world, you find diets heavy in plants, whole grains, and seafood. Not much meat or dairy.

There are not a lot of populations of very old and healthy people living on diets of mostly meats and dairy.

And the huge volumes of data and clear correlations between diet and chronic disease from the “China Study” by Dr Campbell are statistically very significant, and clearly verify long term benefits of plant centric diets versus western style diets.

I agree there are issues these days with grains...and if you google “grain brain”, you’ll find info on how folks are noticing greater cognitive functions when they take grains out of their diet. Personally, I personally believe this has much more to do with the fact that the soils in our Nations Midwest is over farmed and over fertilized with chemicals and herbicides, and the fact that our major grains are largely GMO.

Anyway, good luck to you all. If folks want links to info sources, PM me. Lots of interesting documentaries on Netflix and Amazon.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    While we may be able to affect our day to day health, I’ve become convinced that we have very little control over how long we live.

I’ve lost too many friends and family who lived so called healthy lifestyles. In the meantime I’ve had friends and family who ignore conventional advice who live long lives. And of course there are converse examples.

I think it’s important to eat according to what makes you feel good.

Last Spring, my wife and kids planted a vegetable garden to grow fresh healthy produce. While tending the garden, my wife was shot. So, vegetables can be very dangerous. Especially if you have careless neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Blows my mind your A1C dropped to 4.4 on a diet with baked potatoes and rice. I’m diabetic and LOVE baked potatoes but they spike my glucose if I don’t eat fats before. A coupe fresh advocados before every meal seems to do the trick as long as I don’t eat too much starch.

The points you make are interesting. Thanks for sharing.

This.
    I'm pre-diabetic & my A1c hit 11 about 3 years ago.
    I cut back on my carbs, which means my protein intake increased, but my last A1c test was down to 6.4.
    I am fortunate in that I love salads, so I eat them every day as well.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    While we may be able to affect our day to day health, I’ve become convinced that we have very little control over how long we live.

I’ve lost too many friends and family who lived so called healthy lifestyles. In the meantime I’ve had friends and family who ignore conventional advice who live long lives. And of course there are converse examples.

Absolutely.

100% of people who eat your preferred diet die. Some die early. Some live long.

I love to listen to people preach the benefits of their diet. While they're slowly dying. Just like you & me.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

But I am responding to your misinformation. Specifically, you said "You state it’s a myth, but go on to state “a varied and calorie sufficient plant based diet”. Variety is key".

WFT did that mean? You trying to "catch me"? It IS a MYTH...that you somehow lack protein from a plant only diet. You do not.

Listen Princess...I have never stated that a plant-only diet lacks protein.

You’re a vegan...we get it.

What do these statements have in common?
    “I’m not trying to convince anyone to become vegan, but...”
    “I’m pro Second Amendment, but...”

Whenever I hear either statement, I know some incoherent diatribe will soon follow.

9220f89af06d396aadec506799a52f9a.jpg

b74f8abdc024444b1298786a6dca2e0f.jpg

056033a8aca6f8173ad5837c527ddf64.jpg

0954bf9beeafca6338cca663fba04e13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 9220f89af06d396aadec506799a52f9a.jpg
      9220f89af06d396aadec506799a52f9a.jpg
      160.2 KB · Views: 328
    • b74f8abdc024444b1298786a6dca2e0f.jpg
      b74f8abdc024444b1298786a6dca2e0f.jpg
      135.8 KB · Views: 360
    • 056033a8aca6f8173ad5837c527ddf64.jpg
      056033a8aca6f8173ad5837c527ddf64.jpg
      155.3 KB · Views: 321
    • 0954bf9beeafca6338cca663fba04e13.jpg
      0954bf9beeafca6338cca663fba04e13.jpg
      256.8 KB · Views: 331

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Good luck to you on that. The low/no carb diets are certainly popular these days. I think Keto and CBD Oil emails are the biggest SPAM I get these days.

I’ve looked at Keto and Carnivore. Short term results do appear great. But what is going on with the colon and intestines? How does cancer activity fit in? What are the long term issues with the immune system?

When you eat a lot of meat and fats and little fiber, you run the risk of developing “leaky gut” syndrome. Also, our immune systems are largely based in our digestive system, and the bacteria associated with animal foods are not the ones most conducive to good digestive processes.

There have been many long term studies on high animal consumption in groups like the Eskimo and Inuit tribes (fatty fish and mary be mammals and red meat) and the Maasai in Africa (milk, blood, meat). There are good and not so good results.

When you look at the “Blue Zone” diets around the world, you find diets heavy in plants, whole grains, and seafood. Not much meat or dairy.

There are not a lot of populations of very old and healthy people living on diets of mostly meats and dairy.

And the huge volumes of data and clear correlations between diet and chronic disease from the “China Study” by Dr Campbell are statistically very significant, and clearly verify long term benefits of plant centric diets versus western style diets.

I agree there are issues these days with grains...and if you google “grain brain”, you’ll find info on how folks are noticing greater cognitive functions when they take grains out of their diet. Personally, I personally believe this has much more to do with the fact that the soils in our Nations Midwest is over farmed and over fertilized with chemicals and herbicides, and the fact that our major grains are largely GMO.

Anyway, good luck to you all. If folks want links to info sources, PM me. Lots of interesting documentaries on Netflix and Amazon.

CBD has done wonders for me. Your mileage may vary.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Listen Princess...I have never stated that a plant-only diet lacks protein.

You’re a vegan...we get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reverting to disparaging names and labeling. Guessing you still don’t have anything intelligent to add but immature blathering.

No worries, I’m done.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    CBD has done wonders for me. Your mileage may vary.
    I didn’t mean to infer CBD oil was not a good thing. It has a LOT of excellent benefits for many people. I know others who use it with great success for chronic joint pain

I add Canadian hempseed to a lot of foods. It is an excellent source of omega 3 and other nutrients.

CBD oil doesn’t work well for me. Tried it. Makes me feel slightly dizzy and a bit nauseous, which is a not so common side effect for some folks.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya

Last Spring, my wife and kids planted a vegetable garden to grow fresh healthy produce. While tending the garden, my wife was shot. So, vegetables can be very dangerous. Especially if you have careless neighbors.

Bill, I have numerous aunts, uncles, and grandparents that lived to their 90’s. One made it to 99. They ALL ate fried eggs, sausages, bacon, pork chops, chicken....you name it, they fried it. Some of them even smoked including an aunt that smoked and would chew on a twig dipped in powdered snuff. I think the difference between their lifestyle and mine is fast food.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    This.
    I'm pre-diabetic & my A1c hit 11 about 3 years ago.
    I cut back on my carbs, which means my protein intake increased, but my last A1c test was down to 6.4.
    I am fortunate in that I love salads, so I eat them every day as well.

Z, you need to get that a1c down buddy. Seriously.

Are you taking metformin?

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Is Whataburger fast food? Are you walking back your statement that ALL fast food burgers contain no meat?
    The only thing I said had NO MEAT was the Jack in the Box Taco. Fast food burgers have extra goodies in their meat. I assume so does whataburger but I did not mention whataburger

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Years ago there was a Soy producers convention at the AstroHall in Houston. After going through the free buffet line a local radio farm reporter said, The McDonalds across the street was overwhelmed.
    Micky D's tried this and it failed. The fact is there is already almost no meat in fast food burgers anyway. The meat in Jack in the Box Tacos is made of Oats.
    Learn to read and comprehend

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I started looking into what's in fast food burgers because I don't care alot for the taste of ground beef. I wanted a homemade burger as thin as the ones in fast food places. Learned it can't be done without fillers and binders to keep the meat from crumbling. Common meatloaf binders and fillers like soda crackers and bread can't do it either. Meatloaf retains its shape because of fillers and the pan. Its only when you learn the chemical and hidden names of things like sawdust that you see what holds the industry together. Tongue in cheek rant

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Given the propensity for suing in today’s litigious society, if Whataburger publicly claims their hamburger patty’s are 100% beef, I believe it.

Top Bottom