• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    CORPUS CHRISTI — A 56-year-old man staked out his burglarized house, telling police he was sure the burglar would return to take property left stacked in the home which is under construction.

The first break-in was Sunday in the 14000 block of Playa Del Ray.

Nothing was taken, but the homeowner saw someone had stacked floor tiles, a ceiling fan and other construction materials near the door.

The homeowner’s suspicions proved correct at about 5 a.m. Monday.

He heard someone trying to force open the garage door. He ran outside, confronted a man and a struggle began.

The man got away and into a car, as the homeowner and a neighbor fired several shots into the car’s engine block and tires. The man was not hit by gunfire, but crashed the car into some brush a few blocks away.

Police searched the area and arrested Eric Martinez, 27.

Police also found a half-ounce of methamphetamine in the car.

Martinez was in the Nueces County Jail Monday on suspicion of burglary of a building, delivery of a controlled substance and evading arrest. His bonds totaled $32,000.

Burglary victim halts second break-in : Corpus Christi Local | Caller-Times |
    Hurley's Gold

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Seems alot of times they give light bail amounts here.... like assaulting a public servant (think is what its called) in my town nets a 2500 bail, out on 250 with bondsmen and usually they plea to a lesser charge in the end... way to much news coming out of my neck of the woods,

I'll have to look up one in my town where man shot suspect outside his house...

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whoa...that is some crazy stuff. Its getting more and more ridiculous everywhere. If criminals faced stiffer penalties...I think there would be less crime.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Sounds like typical Travis County (Libtard) bond rate. Lets see... Burglar, Meth Head.

He has a drug problem. He needs to be in a treatment facility. If he had a half ounce of Meth in his possession, he was either a really big time user or (my bet) dealing. It would take a while to personally consume a half ounce of meth. If a user had that much in his possession he would probably get carried away and carried away by the body snatchers from the Medical Examiner.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    If they would have hit and killed him his illegal alien girl friend would have sued and some idiot attorney would have taked her case.....:mad:

They'd first have to find a way to show that it was not a justified shooting. If it were, case closed......

Of course, shooting at a car could be questionable if they killed him in the process. If they felt justified in shooting the guy, they would have done it before he got in the car. Then it's more clear cut, and closed. :p

Top Bottom