• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Does anyone know of a site that talks about the army burying thousands of crated guns and ordnance on a military reservation in Northeast Texas. I read something several years ago and cant remember the details. It may have been an urban legend but I remember reading excerpts from men who supposedly were involved in it. Just curious and I thought about it the other day while reading about buried legends in texas. I think it may have been on the Red River Army Depot or some now defunct base from WWII. Any input ould help.

Thanks
    Venture Surplus ad

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    The military is not too big on doing things like burying ordinance. They'll put it up in warehouses and lose track of it, but burying crated stuff would be out ot the ordinary.

A MSG that worked for me at one time related a story of when he did an inventory at a warehouse @ the New Cumberland Army Depot, and they found loads of parts (including engines) for spotter planes that had been out of the inventory for like 30+ years. All brand new and in original packaging.

Jeff B.

Saxet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    My aunt worked for Morton-Thycol in East Texas for 30+ years and it was well known that there was guns and ammo buried on the plant grounds for many years. She worked there since the early 70's and even showed me where it was buried

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    That would be a great find.You would have to keep it quiet as the government would probably want their gun's back or try and tax you.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    A MSG that worked for me at one time related a story of when he did an inventory at a warehouse @ the New Cumberland Army Depot, and they found loads of parts (including engines) for spotter planes that had been out of the inventory for like 30+ years. All brand new and in original packaging.

Jeff B.

I'd be VERY interested to know more about this. Could you send me a PM about it?

Rhino

Saxet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    It could be that it is on government land and if you are caught on the property without a pass in a restricted area or jumping the fence they shoot you

photofreeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    I'm always in for free guns. Have shovel will dig. Is this plant still in operation?
    If so. dig at night.
    Had a friend once that rented u-haul equipment. Had a falling out with u-haul, got mad and buried all their equipment in a field in Northern California. Then got cancer and died. I guess he still has an underground rental business. True story

wingrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Longview, Tx
    MOrto-Thykol is in Marion County near Karnack. It has been closed down for may years , , , , , , lots of open area and more heavy wooded area, , , ,good exploring area.
    My oldest brother used to work here. I have never asked him about buried guns. KNowing the military and government, , :banghead:, I would NOT doubt it. Probably still coated in cosmaline.
    Wingrider

When you get ready to dig, let me know, I am about 20 miles away and READY!!!

Top Bottom