• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmnloader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    DFW-Cisco, TX
    Thinking about putting a FF3 on my mini 14. Anybody done this and how do you like it. I've read where the mount and Sight together makes it hard to get a good cheek weld. I don't have a rail on mine now so I'll have to find one that will work if you have any suggestions or comments.

Thanks,
    ARJ Defense ad

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    In my personal experience with my Mini-14's, any optic mounted on a rail was much too high for a good cheek weld, even with a cheek riser (pad). I gave up and mounted a Burris TAC30 1-4x scope in Ruger low-mount rings. YMMV

bmnloader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2014
    DFW-Cisco, TX
    Thanks for the replies, just the info I was looking for. Can the FF3 be used with it mounted that far forward? I had a scope on it but it was too bulky. This gun is mainly used on my ranch as a truck gun. I was looking to get something with a quicker acquisition than the scope or the iron sights, mainly for the hogs.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I was looking to get something with a quicker acquisition than the scope or the iron sights, mainly for the hogs.

I have found my Burris 1-4x very fast when on 1x. I was able to crumple two piglets that were on a full run after I shot their mother (all within 50 yards, though). But yes, a scope does add considerably to bulkiness.

Top Bottom