• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There's an extremely wide range of quality in optics these days. Walk around a gun show and you can find dozens of odd brands. Look through them and usually you can tell the level of quality that keeps them odd.

Burris is an OK brand, and better than most of those gun-show specials. I've never heard anyone complain about one.

The optics are always a bad place to save money. That scope that bring in a little more light or focuses more clearly can make the difference on whether or not you put meat in the freezer.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    General that I've seen is that they're good quality at (normally) fair prices. Got a set of their Signature "Zee" rings for my one .22 rifle, and they're rock-solid. I especially like the torx-head screws they use, and the fact that they include a wrench to tighten them down. I'll definitely be looking at them for my next build, and won't hesitate to recommend them.

ETA: Don't have any first-hand experience with Burris optics, though from what I've heard and seen they're decent quality.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Decent in general.

I don't like the fact that their tactical scopes have the focus ring as one piece with the whole ocular housing. Simply put if you have a flip up scope cover on it the whole cover turns with the power adjustment. Their reticle bars are a little thick for serious long range work also. They may have changed these features also as it has been a while.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Burris is all around good stuff. I run a basic 2-7x32 on my ar15. No complaints other than the cross hairs being on the thick side (on this specific scope) for my liking.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have several Burris scopes (in addition to Nightforce, high-end Leupolds, and Nikons) and i will vouch for what others have said...excellent quality at reasonable prices.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Decent in general.

I don't like the fact that their tactical scopes have the focus ring as one piece with the whole ocular housing. Simply put if you have a flip up scope cover on it the whole cover turns with the power adjustment. Their reticle bars are a little thick for serious long range work also. They may have changed these features also as it has been a while.

Just installed a 536 and agree the donut is way too thick, especially for a 5x optic and it stands pretty tall.

But other than that, I have no issues at all with it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I was leaning toward Bushnell; but i guess I'll have to give them a look

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    What size scope are you looking for?

I ask because I am leaning toward a higher end Vortex for one of my rifles. I picked up one of their cheaper models to try out and have been impressed with it for the price. Good thin reticle bars and clear optics with a great warranty. You may want to give them a look also.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I would rank Burris over Bushnell... for scopes under $500 I would say Leupold, Burris, Nikon, and then everything else ;)
    Yep. Ever since Burris split from Redfield and put out the fullfield in the 70's, they have been making quality optics at reasonable prices.
    You should not rule out the Weaver Grand Slam series either. Very impressive for the money.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Yep. Ever since Burris split from Redfield and put out the fullfield in the 70's, they have been making quality optics at reasonable prices.
    You should not rule out the Weaver Grand Slam series either. Very impressive for the money.

then what do we think of Redfield against Burris

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I have a Burris Fullfield Tactical 3-9 on my hunting rifle. Does everything I need it to. Its no precision rifle scope, but its perfect for hunting or range use.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom