Join TexasGunTalk

Burris

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by cbigclarke, Sep 16, 2013.

1. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    What is the general opinion in this name brand

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. Texasjack

Texasjack TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    There's an extremely wide range of quality in optics these days. Walk around a gun show and you can find dozens of odd brands. Look through them and usually you can tell the level of quality that keeps them odd.

Burris is an OK brand, and better than most of those gun-show specials. I've never heard anyone complain about one.

The optics are always a bad place to save money. That scope that bring in a little more light or focuses more clearly can make the difference on whether or not you put meat in the freezer.

3. Blind Sniper

Blind Sniper Well-Known

Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    General that I've seen is that they're good quality at (normally) fair prices. Got a set of their Signature "Zee" rings for my one .22 rifle, and they're rock-solid. I especially like the torx-head screws they use, and the fact that they include a wrench to tighten them down. I'll definitely be looking at them for my next build, and won't hesitate to recommend them.

ETA: Don't have any first-hand experience with Burris optics, though from what I've heard and seen they're decent quality.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  4. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Burris is good stuff. Lifetime warranty. Great people to deal with. A little less expensive than Leupold but I think just as much quality. US made.

5. Dawico

Dawico Uncoiled Lifetime Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Decent in general.

I don't like the fact that their tactical scopes have the focus ring as one piece with the whole ocular housing. Simply put if you have a flip up scope cover on it the whole cover turns with the power adjustment. Their reticle bars are a little thick for serious long range work also. They may have changed these features also as it has been a while.

6. Kyle

Kyle Needs More Cowbell! TGT Supporter

Feb 24, 2011
    Hill Country
    Burris is all around good stuff. I run a basic 2-7x32 on my ar15. No complaints other than the cross hairs being on the thick side (on this specific scope) for my liking.

7. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    I had a 1.5 x 6 30mm illuminated EuroDiamond several years ago and stupidly traded with a friend of mine for an EoTech. I like the EoTech a lot but I secretly would like to have the Burris back.

8. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have several Burris scopes (in addition to Nightforce, high-end Leupolds, and Nikons) and i will vouch for what others have said...excellent quality at reasonable prices.

9. mitchntx

mitchntx Sarcasm Sensei TGT Supporter

Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Just installed a 536 and agree the donut is way too thick, especially for a 5x optic and it stands pretty tall.

But other than that, I have no issues at all with it.

10. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I was leaning toward Bushnell; but i guess I'll have to give them a look

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2