Join TexasGunTalk

Bushmaster C15. A carbon framed AR15

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Buckshot Wade, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Buckshot Wade

Buckshot Wade Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    Now I don't do this often, which is impulse buying of a firearm or anything else for that matter. I am a very calculating and cautious individual and will study a weapon closely before making a purchase. However, yesterday, checking out a new gun shop in Athens I spotted this little carbine up on the rack and immediately went bonkers. I couldn't resist it and I did a little swapping and tossed a couple C notes in cash at it came home.

1:9" twist, chrome lined bore and chambered 16" barrel. The forearm is carbine length and is a four sided rail design with well fitted rubber covers on three. Had a dot in circle Bushnell red dot sight on it, but no. It needed an M3 carrying handle sight with that standard front.
    Range report:
    5 rounds to zero. [Snap!] 25m standing to get the feel was good. Trigger a little rough, but again, its new. I expected that. 50m kneeling showed promise. Adjusted elevation to match load. 75m was same-same. 100m sitting was fun. Taking my time I tore into my 10"x10" iron plate. 5 rounds in about a 3 1/2" group. Considering my right eye sees with a slight blur that gets worse in the evening and a totally new carbine, I'll take it. :)
    My simple handloads of Hornady 55gr BTSP 25gr of RL15 and CCI 400 primers hits around 3175fps or so. Not a great load but they were loaded before I consolidated powders.
    But never the less, the little 5 pound carbine shot flawlessly. Was extremely comfortable and pointed like an M-4 clone should, right on target.
    Overall I don't think this was a mistake. True I have a fine Anderson AM15 carbine that is flat out Devine. And what do I need another M4 clone? Well I'll tell ya.... It's got SKULLS! I normally detest graphics on a weapon. I think its stupid. But... Those skulls on the frame and the lightweight and overall coolness factor turned my old head! I just hadda have it even if it goes against all I believe in "acquisition". I don't care if it hairlips every cannibal in the Congo. I just wanted it! :) 0901180852a-1.jpg 0901180854a.jpg 0901180855.jpg
    And here's the pics for those that gotta see pics so they can tell I ain't talkin' shit, and see how my skull enhanced carbon framed 15 looks. Ha! A real departure from my style, but who cares?:loaded:

Bozz10mm and Kar98 like this.
  2. EZ-E

EZ-E Infidel Patriot

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    Nice little find.
    Throw a carbon fiber free float hand guard on it & you'll be looking sharp.

3. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Petrol Distillate

Jan 5, 2012
    Killeen
    I like it!

For some reason I've always wanted the polymer version. I've held them and shot them. Something about the Bushmaster snake and the engineering to do it. Never owned one even though it's one my favorites.

Now it's carbon fiber. Well $hit, now it's more kewl.

4. Buckshot Wade

Buckshot Wade Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    This is the 2nd gen Carbon 15. The 1st Gen had issues. No dust cover. Poor stock attachment... But the 2nd gen ironed that all out.
    Sadly, Bushmaster has discontinued the Carbon series. Mine was a custom order from the factory with the B2 front sight and the skull graphics added. The customer had ordered it through the shop but could not buy it because his wife complained about it. Ha! His loss. My gain. That's why you don't see wives around here. Went through 3 of em. At my age I'd rather have the guns. They don't bitch at ya and never get old and fat!! Ha! :laughing:

rl96ss, ZX9RCAM, EZ-E and 1 other person like this.
  5. EZ-E

EZ-E Infidel Patriot

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    Hmmm...I don't know which feels better next to me.... a nice warm woman or cold steel against my thigh.:green:

pronstar and Kar98 like this.
  6. Kar98

Kar98 Well-Known

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I'm thinking, I'm thinking, don't rush me!!

7. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Petrol Distillate

Jan 5, 2012
    Killeen
    Well, the Bushmaster won't complain if you don't automatically throw your socks in the hamper as soon as you take them off.

8. Buckshot Wade

Buckshot Wade Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    Today I'm like the old man in the original Magnificent Seven when they were going to move him into the village. He said "As to women, I became indifferent at 83." Well I'm not 83 yet, but I'm indifferent anyway. They cost too much to maintain. I'd rather feed my guns! Ha! :)

EZ-E likes this.
  9. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Where is this new gun shop?

10. Buckshot Wade

Buckshot Wade Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Gone
    405 S. Palestine St.
    Ben's Custom Back 40 Firearms Co.

Good shop and they don't gouge you either. They're moving into a bigger building in a few weeks. I'll keep ya posted.