APOD Firearms

Bushnell TRS 25 or Primary Arms micro red dot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Not only Primary, but I have one I'll sell ya! Bought it recently, mounted it, and promptly switched to a scope. It never left my office and is still in the safe.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Primary Arms. They make a quality product at a good price, have great quality control to prevent less than desirable products getting out, but have outstanding customer service that will take care of things if something does slip through the cracks. Fast shipping, and I'm starting to see them on more and more rifles around the internet. They wouldn't be growing popularity if there wasn't a reason for people to love them. The PA Micro-dot has OUTSTANDING reviews and is one of the main products that people know Primary Arms for.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    First vote for TRS-25, but I doubt you could go wrong with a PA

Here's a review of a bunch of inexpensive red-dots:

There is a slight problem though, because we have two (2) winners. On sheer numbers totaled from the evaluation forms, the Bushnell TRS-25 is the winner, but the winner as chosen by 4 of the 8 evaluators was the Primary Arms MD-06L, with the other 4 votes being the singular vote for 4 of the other optics.

Budget Red Dot Sight Comparison - Part 2 | The Bang Switch

Last edited:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Primary Arms. They make a quality product at a good price, have great quality control to prevent less than desirable products getting out, but have outstanding customer service that will take care of things if something does slip through the cracks. Fast shipping, and I'm starting to see them on more and more rifles around the internet. They wouldn't be growing popularity if there wasn't a reason for people to love them. The PA Micro-dot has OUTSTANDING reviews and is one of the main products that people know Primary Arms for.

This quality control; are you talking about in the shop in china? Or do they take them apart here and inspect each.component?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The shop in china. I haven't heard anything about here. I've just heard that they beefed up their QC over there before they let it leave the country. Personally, I haven't ever heard of any issues with PA. I've done a lot of reading on other reviews posted, and everything has been good.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    If it means anything, I ran right around 900 rounds through my rifle in one day as part of another test, and my PA Micro Dot never had an issue with the dot "walking". I'm just bringing this up because I've had issues with other red dots of similar price. I know zilch about the Bushnells, but I was impressed with finally finding a budget red dot that didn't have that issue.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    One of the guys in my squad has used a PA red dot on his 3 gun rifle for the past year. That's a lot of dumps in the barrel and it's held zero

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Bushnell TRS 25 has high ratings on optics planet, but it does seem I have read about more Bushnell red dot issues than PA...but there are more out there no? But the PA get used harder.

I have confunsion.

Delta4-3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    Have you considered going with a used mil-spec item? I just picked up an EoTech 512 NIB for $300 shipped. The guy had 4 or 5, New old stock.

I've seen other used EOTechs really reasonably priced as well. Out of the non-Aimpoint/EOTech red dots, my favorite is probably the Vortex Sparc.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I used a PA micro on an AK and it kept its zero. I have used them on several rifles with zero issues on any of them. I highly recommend them. I haven't used the other one you are asking about.

I have an issue with all red dots because of my astigmatism. The t1 from aimpoint had the least issues, but it costs a bunch more. Just food for thought.

Primary arms is a good company to deal with. The one issue I had on a flashlight from them, they resolved in a couple of days. I recommend them to anyone

Top Bottom