• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which is better for a fried chicken lunch?

• Bush's is the best!

Votes: 5 19.2%
    • Popeyes for me!

Votes: 17 65.4%
    • Both suck, here's a better option!

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Never heard of Bush's Chicken.
    I only eat fried chicken once maybe twice a year.
    And then it's Popeyes.
    City chicken & country chicken. We use to eat Chicken Express a lot while working the Renfest. I really think a real chicken joint needs to sell gizzards & livers.

I won't go into my favorite Chicken & Waffle joint. They have a political agenda and that's their right, wether I agree with it or not. I remember taking my dads friend there for breakfast. Kind of freaked him out.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    City chicken & country chicken. We use to eat Chicken Express a lot while working the Renfest. I really think a real chicken joint needs to sell gizzards & livers.

I won't go into my favorite Chicken & Waffle joint. They have a political agenda and that's their right, wether I agree with it or not. I remember taking my dads friend there for breakfast. Kind of freaked him out.
    Livers, anyhow.

Gizzards? Only need to order one. You will be chewing on it for a week.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Watermelon spiked with Everclear or Bicardi rum is pretty good. I'll bet even a grape soda with some Everclear would be pretty good too!
    Back in High School one night ithe Grape soda & Everclear raised its angry head. My buddy John always had under $100.0 VW beetles It was a very cold winter Sunday night. Road conditions forced us from play Hogs Of The Road.

John was John Bulushi like before John Bulushi ever hit Saturday Night Live. He loved excess. I can't remember what crap fast food we washed down, but it wasn't a great choice. Soon John was blotto & gave up the wheel. Wasn't long afterwards the projectile vomiting hit. Nuts was driving at the time and took a burst to the back of his head. Needless to say John figured he better call it a night, but not befor getting cleaned up & the interior of the mighty bug.

We end up at at car wash were John desided to hose off. It's really hard to spray someone in the face whose covered in grape puke with chunks. After he felt clean a vagina in a douche commercial, he went about hosing out the interior. Remember them old Beetles were pretty water tight to the point they floated.

Just before finishing Torpedo another friend spotted us & joined the festivities. Lucky for me he offered he a ride home leaving Nuts to drive John home. Nuts lived near by & needed to roll in the fresh snow a bit more to get the stank off.

Next morning at school everyone gathered in amazement of the grape puke stalactites that hung inside John's bug. If I had them daze to redo I wouldn't change a thing.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    1. Mashed tier lists are garbage.
    2. Since OP is in Austin he should try Gus's Fried Chicken (downtown).
    3. When Popeyes is prepared by an employee that cares it is hard to beat (for fast food chicken). I was disappointed when they took dirty rice off the menu.
    4. Honorable mention to Spicy Boys Fried Chicken (4 location around Austin). They make a good fried chicken sandwich. Get the "Tingly Gai".
    5. When they don't over cook it, Cracker Barrel's "Southern Fried Chicken" is pretty good with some hot sauce.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    We have a shit ton of fast food chain fried chicken around Austin.
    Popeyes
    KFC
    Chicken Express
    Bush's
    Church's
    Zaxby's
    Cane's
    Golden Chick
    Chik-fil-A
    Not to mention all the local places plus the fast food burger chains selling their "new and improved" chicken sandwiches.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Ya'll be puttin' salt or Tajin on that watermelon? Hill Country Fare makes a decent diet grape soda. Stuff will turn your shit green though.
    5a90fcdcbf751.jpeg.jpg

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    If you find yourself in Mexia, Texas Jim's Crispy Fried Chicken is damn good. It's seldom not busy. It's claim to fame was Anna Nicole Smith worked there in High School.
    Only if you go on the one day of the week after they changed their cooking oil. The day before then will get you nothing but indigestion and disappointment.....

If you go down the road to Fairfield, you can get great fried chicken from Brookshire Brothers.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    I tear off the crust to eat and throw away the rest.
    That makes Popeyes the winner, hand down.

The trick is to order twice the food you are going to eat cause they always get half of it wrong anyway

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Chicken Tenders at the Sea Devil Tavern @ the Renfest is the one fried chicken I would never second guess. The kitchen is run the way one would expect. Always a clean health inspection.The Tender are Tyson and are always handled properly. The oil never allowed to go bad. The chicken was a very small portion of the kitchens out put.

The fish & chips are the biggest seller. Again the product are handled properly. I only wish we could have charged for ketchup. It was after all the vegetables of choice.

Theft of bottles of Tabasco & Malt Vinegar demanded a change of delivery.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Back in High School one night ithe Grape soda & Everclear raised its angry head. My buddy John always had under $100.0 VW beetles It was a very cold winter Sunday night. Road conditions forced us from play Hogs Of The Road.

John was John Bulushi like before John Bulushi ever hit Saturday Night Live. He loved excess. I can't remember what crap fast food we washed down, but it wasn't a great choice. Soon John was blotto & gave up the wheel. Wasn't long afterwards the projectile vomiting hit. Nuts was driving at the time and took a burst to the back of his head. Needless to say John figured he better call it a night, but not befor getting cleaned up & the interior of the mighty bug.

We end up at at car wash were John desided to hose off. It's really hard to spray someone in the face whose covered in grape puke with chunks. After he felt clean a vagina in a douche commercial, he went about hosing out the interior. Remember them old Beetles were pretty water tight to the point they floated.

Just before finishing Torpedo another friend spotted us & joined the festivities. Lucky for me he offered he a ride home leaving Nuts to drive John home. Nuts lived near by & needed to roll in the fresh snow a bit more to get the stank off.

Next morning at school everyone gathered in amazement of the grape puke stalactites that hung inside John's bug. If I had them daze to redo I wouldn't change a thing.
    That reads like a song co-written by the butthole surfers and bryan adams.

Top Bottom