• kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    >
    They have ZERO respect for actual TRUTH. . . . . .

I spent much of my life in our area "Higher Education"; LSU, LSU Med, Baylor Med, U T HSC -H & UTMB, then back @ LSU. Last 15 years, my "students" were all post-doctoral MD's.

There is an old "meme" in higher Ed: "Those who can DO; those who can't TEACH!"

Before someone points-out the all-too obvious, I "DID" for 30+ years before returning to teach.

leVieux
    Bwhaaaaaaa sir you cleaned that up nicely

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Since this is a gun forum and all, what is the appropriate tool and load for hunting butterflies? All out 12 ga or would a 410 suffice? I don’t hunt, but I’m guessing a turkey load would be too much?

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    What the heck kind of BS is this?

"The 100 acres of the National Butterfly Center, one of the biggest eco-tourism attractions in South Texas, is closed this weekend due to what officials call “credible threats” from hundreds of politicians and conservatives who are expected to come to the Rio Grande Valley for a border rally and tour starting Friday."

The last thing any one has to worry about is conservatives. Not many (if ANY) examples of destruction from a gathering of conservatives. What load of crap from "Sandra Sanchez."

Liberals are usually a very tolerant group as long as you don't disagree with them.

moorejames

Large Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2021
    Texas
    Since this is a gun forum and all, what is the appropriate tool and load for hunting butterflies? All out 12 ga or would a 410 suffice? I don’t hunt, but I’m guessing a turkey load would be too much?
    A real sportsman uses a .22 with iron sights when taking butterflies, but you do you

(edit, there was supposed to be a smiley at the end of that….)

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

"The 100 acres of the National Butterfly Center, one of the biggest eco-tourism attractions in South Texas, is closed this weekend due to what officials call “credible threats” from hundreds of politicians and conservatives who are expected to come to the Rio Grande Valley for a border rally and tour starting Friday."

The last thing any one has to worry about is conservatives. Not many (if ANY) examples of destruction from a gathering of conservatives. What load of crap from "Sandra Sanchez."

Of course - the internet has been buzzing about the site of the next phase of the Right wing insurrection! Butterfly Ranch is known as the communications center for the vanguard of the Left's movement to protect Democracy from the nazis of the right. The ranch is actually the center of the Left's new, secure, communications network that uses the butterflies to deliver data packets to various elements at locations around the country. And being fabulous while doing it!

As I understand it, the Right wing plot was exposed when several couples were overheard at the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble falls talking about taking a trip in their motor homes to the Butterfly Ranch to view its splendor. Since most Leftists can't afford - let alone operate - a motor home, they intelligence apparatus of the Left determined this was obviously the spear head of a right wing plot to seize the ranch and shut down the communications center there.

Sorry, they have not adjusted my meds yet. I was so far off - it was a motorcycle tour the couples were discussing.

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

Liberals are usually a very tolerant group as long as you don't disagree with them.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    >

There is an old "meme" in higher Ed: "Those who can DO; those who can't TEACH!"

The full quote is:
    Those who CAN, do.
    Those who can't, teach.
    Those who can't teach, coach.
    Those who can't coach, administrate.

Years ago, when word processing became the normal way for business, the IBM software that we got installed at the pipeline company had a "grade" function that you could change. It's a little embarrassing, but the default average grade level for business correspondence is 7th grade English. The IBM folks who were teaching us about the software pointed out that back in their offices there was a joke that the higher up in management that you were corresponding, the LOWER the grade setting should be. When you get to the CEO level, your letter should read like something from the old "Dick and Jane" readers that we used in 1st grade.

Example:
    "Big project is good. Good, good, good. Big project makes big money. Money, money, money. You should sign to make it go. Go, go, go."

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

R (2).jpg

USOffRoad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Granbury, Texas
    "Environmentalist Scott Nicol, of McAllen, told Border Report “If it wasn’t an election year, Abbott wouldn’t be pretending that there’s a crisis.”

“Paxton and Abbott are creating a crisis, and ultimately putting border residents at risk, for craven political reasons,” Nicol said."

Really? What fucking reality do these people live in?

Top Bottom