• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Funny, we have a minor version of this now where production around the world has slowed to a crawl.

I agree, we should not be dependent on a foreign nation when it comes to our own defense. But that is also why you buy what you need and take into account that things will need replacement. Keeping this centered on the weapon, you don't buy the Marine or soldier 1 rifle. You buy extras, and parts, and mags, and everything else that they might need to ensure they are not wanting. Of course, this is the ideal, and I realize this doesn't happen, I experienced it first-hand during my time in service. However, since my original post was a 'what I would do...' statement, my follow-up is as well.

When supplying our military it’s important to ensure that we will not be dependent on a foreign nation to supply our weapons in a time of war.

Imagine how it goes if some European nation is supplying our combat rifles when a WW2 scenario happens and the nation is either overrun or is now far more concerned with their own defense than supplying ours.

For that reason alone we should be manufacturing our military equipment at home as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Hmph, forgot they even existed. They even got turned down before the abortion that is the APX............
    I will admit I am sure politics played a heavy part. Which is unfortunate for the end users.

S&W.

You can argue that it didn't meet the standards, but as we saw with sig, a price tag makes a big difference

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Hmph, forgot they even existed. They even got turned down before the abortion that is the APX............
    I will admit I am sure politics played a heavy part. Which is unfortunate for the end users.

I'll stick up for the APX, its a far better design than the 320. If they had slide serrations not designed by a 12 year old I'd buy one

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A hell of a lot of Glocks are still made in Austria....here too.......but the amount coming in from Austria is still a staggering number...........

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Aren't those SiGSauers going to be manufactured in New Hampshire?

The Beretta was chosen to get the Italians to permit Pershing missiles to be installed on their territory (wink, wink).
    The Sig M17's and civilian equal pistols are currently made - 100% - in the USA. Sig has tier suppliers, but NH is the source for these weapons. I lead a team with the ZEISS BU that manufactures precision part measurement instruments - also made in the USA. Sig is purchasing and using ZEISS machines to ensure quality parts. They have invested millions in our equipment over the past few years. I don't own a Sig, but if you buy one, be assured that the parts are within the nominal tolerances called out in the factory drawings.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The Sig M17's and civilian equal pistols are currently made - 100% - in the USA. Sig has tier suppliers, but NH is the source for these weapons. I lead a team with the ZEISS BU that manufactures precision part measurement instruments - also made in the USA. Sig is purchasing and using ZEISS machines to ensure quality parts. They have invested millions in our equipment over the past few years. I don't own a Sig, but if you buy one, be assured that the parts are within the nominal tolerances called out in the factory drawings.

As long as sig has specific law enforcement SKU's they will be a no-go for me and quite a few other people.

Sig has had, and still does, have major quality control issues, if they got their act together, they'd own the market

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Isn’t Sig USA an independent company from Sig Germany?

And apparently there’s another independent Sig operation is Sweden...according to this article anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Andyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    SIG Sauer in Eckernförde is about to close down and SIG Sauer Exeter will be the one that is handling manufacturing. After all, labor in Germany is more expensive than here when you consider social benefits and the German government had pulled the export permit from SIG Sauer GmbH years ago.

Top Bottom