buy insurance or go to jail

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DCortez, Nov 6, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I thought California and other places ran out of jail space. Are we going to toss the reported 10.2% unemployed to be jailed and fined as well? Wonder what the founding fathers would say and do to Pelosi.

The JCT letter makes clear that Americans who do not maintain “acceptable health insurance coverage” and who choose not to pay the bill’s new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income), are subject to numerous civil and criminal penalties, including criminal fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years.

http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=153583

2. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

We really need to get these commies out of office.

3. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Damn, I think I'm too old to go into battle again, but if I must, so be it !!!!:texas:

4. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication

All I can say is as an American citizen I will not tolerate that. I recently told my Dad this B.S. about a fine and/or imprisonment for not participating in government-mandated health care is my personal final straw. Just try to enforce it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. SiscoKid

SiscoKid Active Member

Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS

Sorry, Guys.

Have not read this current 2,000 page bill but one of the earlier bills had this feature in it.

---They will have ACCESS to your bank account.---

What this means is if there is a charge that you dispute, TOUGH TIDDY. They will just take it, you know, like some of those automatic payments that some sign up for convenience sake.

Last year I had a colonoscopy and the hospital overcharged me. I refused to pay them, and still haven't. They have been bugging me, I wrote to the Texas AG, my congressman, and it's still up in the air.

Under Obamma Care - they just take it.

6. texas1willy2

texas1willy2 Active Member

Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    This will all be kept tract of by your tax returns, the lovely IRS is fixing to be in charge of our health-care.

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

When my last son was born, the hospital tried slip charges on the bill that we had to fight. Someone should have told them my wife left the hospital two days earlier...

Heres more:

There are a dozen first-term Democrats representing districts that Republican presidential nominee John McCain won last year. So far, six have announced that they will vote against their party's health care bill.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitic...ic-freshman-abandon-the-health-care-bill.html

8. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Then the only solution is to leave the country and renounce citizenship. How else can you escape a totalitarian government?

9. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    I'm going to go against the grain here.

I actually think that it would be OK to have mandatory health care coverage if the bill was written appropriately. This one isn't.

Everyone should have have, at minnimum a catastrophic, high deductable policy. If I was going to "fix" things, I'd make it illegal to have insurance through your job, make it deductable, make sure that all health maintenance was paid out of pocket, required hospitals to post their prices, failure rates, and antibotic-grams. That would make insurance actually insurance and the medical profession actually competative. This would make costs come down.

But we all know that isn't going to happen.

EDIT: The only reason they put this in there was because the bill makes it impossible for people to be turned away because of pre-existing conditions. If they did put this clause in there, then there would be NO reason to buy insurance untill you were actually sick. It effectively spread risk around, which is the whole idea of insurance.

10. Major Woody

Major Woody Active Member

Sep 12, 2008
    The AMA and AARP need to be boycotted, as well as the IRS. Quit paying them, If 60% quit they would dissolve. They are asking people to quit filing. They will lien your property, and try to take it.
    They want your property. What bank account? Gold and silver, copper, brass and lead are my assets. You take back the country and renounce their citizenship.