• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    And go where? I can't think of a place on Earth that isn't as bad or worse than this.

There are a few places. I have spent years doing research, and they are there. I don't name them anymore because all people do is rip apart the choices as though it's some sort of sport. Not saying you would do that, just stating why I won't name them.
    Lynx Defense

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Leaving is not the only solution, and escaping a totalitarian government is only one option.

The reasons for wanting to leave is complicated, much too long to try and type here. I'd still give an analogy for leaving the U.S. today by comparing it to the flood of people who left Nazi Germany circa 1933-1938 when they saw the handwriting on the wall.

Huxley got published....welcome to the Brave New World.

You have a valid point. Huxley, though, had that novel published in 1932 when, IMO, it came across to the public as science fiction. A novel like that being published circa 1980 would have had a different reception. I'd give the analogy of painting. The world accepted Claude Monet's paintings in the late 1800s and accepted them as fine art, but paint the exact same thing today and try to have any art gallery in the country accept it for display and you'll be laughed out of the gallery. Not a perfect analogy, but it gets the point across.

BTW, the remake of Brave New World starring Leonard Nimoy was outstanding, and I've been telling people for years to watch that movie because that is what America will be within two to three decades.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    With all the crap in this Bill, I was pretty amazed that this came out in the debates Saturday (well, that's when I first heard it). You would think that something as radical as this would be all over the news. I still haven't heard anything about this. Not that I am really surprised, but, imagine what else is acceptable if this is OK with them. Possible jail time and fines over insurance? you gotta be kidding me...

http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=153583

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    With all the crap in this Bill, I was pretty amazed that this came out in the debates Saturday (well, that's when I first heard it). You would think that something as radical as this would be all over the news. I still haven't heard anything about this. Not that I am really surprised, but, imagine what else is acceptable if this is OK with them. Possible jail time and fines over insurance? you gotta be kidding me...

House Committee on Ways & Means - Republican

I'll have to download the latest version of the bill and post up that section. It's no B.S., that fine and/or imprisonment provision is in the bill. Spread the word most ricky-tick, and spread it wide before the upcoming Senate vote. Contact your Senators and express your outrage...I have.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom