Join TexasGunTalk

Buy sight pusher, or have someone install new sights?

Discussion in 'Optics' started by Higgins909, Mar 21, 2018.

1. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Buy the pusher and you will always have the ability to adjust and install sights.

Southpaw and Low_Speed like this.
  2. Fishhog

Fishhog Member

Sep 27, 2017
    East of Dallas
    I've run into loose fitting front sights on Glocks and it's an easy fix. I put a small dot of epoxy in the slot with it and tighten the nut on the bottom. After the epoxy dries, it has nowhere to go and will stay there indefinitely. Should you decide to change out the sight somewhere in the future, just tap the epoxy out with a punch and you are back to square one.

3. Low_Speed

Low_Speed Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    I kind of had to buy one. I’ve called around about putting night sights on my Steyr M9 but no one would do it because they are not Steyr armorers. The price for the tools are completely reasonable. Not too mention that I have some other pistols that I’d like to change the sights on.

A few years back a friend of mine went to a gun shop to have sights put on his Beretta Storm. When he got it back it looked like someone took a hammer to the slide. After seeing that I figured I’d learn to do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldag and Charlie like this.
  4. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Good thinking!

Low_Speed likes this.
  5. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Purchased on as well for my Glock 40 MOS to install Silencer height sights. Pretty easy to use. Pay for itself with every sight change you do.