• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I saw this article in American Rifleman. It talks about this article in the Post

Here is how it starts:

It took $833.69, a total of 15 hours 50 minutes, four trips to the Metropolitan Police Department, two background checks, a set of fingerprints, a five hour class and a 20 question multiple choice exam. Oh, and the votes of five Supreme Court justices. They're the ones who really made it possible for me, as a District resident, to own a handgun

http://www.nraila.org/buyagunindc/
    ARJ Defense ad

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I thought it was a pretty tasteful article and an interesting read. It reminds me of buying guns in NJ.

actually my first two pistols wee bought in NJ, and to be honest. the whole process took less time than i ever thought. the chief where i lived was pretty much on the ball. he got the FOID cards and the pistol permits in the mail with in a months time if i remember correctly.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    actually my first two pistols wee bought in NJ, and to be honest. the whole process took less time than i ever thought. the chief where i lived was pretty much on the ball. he got the FOID cards and the pistol permits in the mail with in a months time if i remember correctly.

Still though. You can walk out with a gun in ten minutes in Texas.

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    the FOID cards and the pistol permits

Therein lies the problem... But you're probably well aware of that now that you are living in a more free state.

Our Representatives and Senators have to co-exist in a legislature with folks from MA, CT, NY, NJ, CA, MD, etc., i.e., states that really believe that it is appropriate to have a "Firearms Owners Identification Card" and to have onerous procedures and regulations concerning the purchase and ownership of firearms, AND see it as natural that we should accept their illegitimate laws and regulations.

Jeff B.

Acetone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    El Paso

It took me 6 months to get my FOID in Delaware Township, Hunterdon County!!!!

Therein lies the problem... But you're probably well aware of that now that you are living in a more free state.

Our Representatives and Senators have to co-exist in a legislature with folks from MA, CT, NY, NJ, CA, MD, etc., i.e., states that really believe that it is appropriate to have a "Firearms Owners Identification Card" and to have onerous procedures and regulations concerning the purchase and ownership of firearms, AND see it as natural that we should accept their illegitimate laws and regulations.

Jeff B.

CT is actually pretty firearms friendly. No FOID and licensed OC/CC.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I remember the first time I tried to go shoot in IL, do you have a FOID card... I was like a what, they understood my "WTF do I need that for" look, but said it was required there

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    I know there are more to add to my list, but California, Illinois, New York are 3 places I would not live. I think I would quit my job before relo/transfer to any of them. Lucky the company I work for is not popular in Cali or Illinois, so I'm probaly good to go.

Top Bottom