• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    The buyers were out en force today. At every place I went to, there were no less than 5 people at a time buying some sort of firearm. There is almost triple that amount buying ammo or reloading supplies. It's a gun-buying frenzy!

jack7742

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Schertz
    Buying a mini 14 has been an experience. No retailer in the San Antonio area has them for sale, and most of them say they don't know when they ,or any auto, will be available. At the gun show last week there were a couple of minis available, but the dealers were really proud of them according to the asking price. The same thing is true when it comes to .223 ammo availability. I got the last two boxes of 223 ammo at the Live Oak Academy, and Sportmans Warehouse had zero.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Buying a mini 14 has been an experience. No retailer in the San Antonio area has them for sale, and most of them say they don't know when they ,or any auto, will be available. At the gun show last week there were a couple of minis available, but the dealers were really proud of them according to the asking price. The same thing is true when it comes to .223 ammo availability. I got the last two boxes of 223 ammo at the Live Oak Academy, and Sportmans Warehouse had zero.

I ordered one for $699 and it's on it's way. There's one store here that has 4 or 5 of them in stock. Can't remember the price exactly, but they weren't priced any higher than this guy normally prices them and he tends to gouge. What were they asking?

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    It's a gun-buying frenzy!

Yes it is! On the internet it is no different. If you find something you need or looking for, you'd better hit the buy button before someone else beats you to it! lol

I've been building my stock for the past few weeks and you need to check daily, because everyone's inventory changes rapidly. Same with the local gun stores also.

Happy shopping!

Brad

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    There were quite a few that came in the gun shop yesterday who had been to the Austin Saxet show. All said it was full of the same old over priced crap and there were no deals to be found on guns or ammo. Several said the shop was cheaper on ammo than the show prices.

Jeffenwulf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    San Angelo
    The San Angelo gun show a few weeks back was nothing but overpriced crap. There were a few handguns near the entrance that were going for around the normal price, but most were unbelievably high. I was in and out in no time.

On the other hand, I've gotten a few guns recently. My wife swore up and down that I was getting a Christmas AR so I bought one for myself. It's a Charles Daly Defense VR24. I probably wouldn't have looked at it when all the shelves were full, but I bought it a few weeks ago and it's really growing on me.

I haven't noticed a huge gun buying spree here. Unless it's some sort of semi-auto it seems to be staying on the shelf. As a result there are some pretty good deals on pump shotguns and bolt rifles right now.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I went to the Pasadena Gun show saturday and had to stand in a long line just to get in. The prices at the long time dealers that sell at most shows were not overly inflated but the dealers less known to me were gouging big time on AR and AK style rifles. The price of ammo was high but not out of line with current prices over the internet. I ended up at the Academy in Webster and bought a Sigma 40 and now have to decide between a $50 rebate or two more high cap mags.

schertztx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008

The other Academys have plenty, Perrin Beitel and Vance Jackson both had tons the other day when i was there buying some. I planned on buying all the monarch green box they had but didn't bring enough money.

Top Bottom