• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Ha. No, not really. I think the weight difference is maybe a pound more than what you state
    No, it's about a pound:

sy72c9.png

...but if the O-PAP was all I could get, I wouldn't be complaining. Just throwing something out there.
    I've been around AKs a while, and I'm totally happy with my Yugo AK; I think you'd like them.
    Gun Zone Deals

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Besides the bulge on the front trunion, is one PAP better or stronger than the other?
    No, they're equally decent, IMO. It's just the bulged front trunion that gives the O- its greater strength - the additional steel up-front helped the receiver to withstand the recoil from launching grenades.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Besides the bulge on the front trunion, is one PAP better or stronger than the other?

No, they're equally decent, IMO. It's just the bulged front trunion that gives the O- its greater strength - the additional steel up-front helped the receiver to withstand the recoil from launching grenades.

What Andy said. I think people prefer the O-PAP simply because the original M70s had RPK ("bulged") receivers. Other than that, they're the same. Nothing wrong with the non-bulged N-PAPs, they are pretty much an AKM with a 1.5mm receiver (and longer handguards).

Considering most AKM receivers are 1.0mm thick, even the O-PAP is more sturdier (and slightly heavier) than your average rifle. There are some aspects of the heavier rifles (milled AKs are heavier as well) that I like, and some aspects of the lighter (1.0mm, non-milled) that I like. I wouldn't really say either is "better" than the other...

Cheers! M2

TX0303

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    CenTex
    If shopping used, older N-PAPs came with a single stack bolt and tended to jam when using a double stack magazine. Check the bolt before purchase. Current N-PAPs come with a double stack bolt and are GTG but for just a little more, you can get the O-PAP.

Top Bottom