• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    Went to look at the Bushmaster at Academy today and they are all out, the guy behind the counter said they wouldn't be seeing anymore until after the 1st of the year either. I was interested in picking up the Bushmaster Optics Ready rifle today but that was a no-go, will have to look elsewhere.
    Capitol Armory ad

RCP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Little Elm, TX
    I'm in the same boat of not being able to just go out and drop the dough on whatever I want right away. It is frustrating to be trying to save for something and just when you think you're getting close the prices go up putting it back out of reach again.

pxranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    The Republic of Texas
    Get an SKS. It's an excellent weapon and is still available. Combine that with a reliable handgun and you're pretty well covered for SHTF and you don't have to pay the inflated prices.

RCP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Little Elm, TX
    Get an SKS. It's an excellent weapon and is still available. Combine that with a reliable handgun and you're pretty well covered for SHTF and you don't have to pay the inflated prices.

I've honestly considered that and have looked into it. Needless to say I was shocked at the prices as I remember not long ago they were selling all day long for $150 or less. I was expecting to spend no more than $300 tops for a nice SKS. For some reason, I just cannot bring myself to spend the kind of money people are asking ($400-500) on an SKS. Especially when it's not what I really want. No, I think for the time being I am going to try and be patient to keep saving for what I really want unless a really good deal comes along. IMHO $450 for an SKS is not a good deal.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom