• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I keep a little silver around for plating electrical contacts, and bearing surfaces.
    An old silver coin works well for an anode.
    High current contacts, I use a sheet metal hole punch to get the right size button for the contacts.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Lots of people talking about how good it is keeping up with inflation, it always holds its value, yadda yadda
    From 2013 to 2019 it hovered around $1300. Since mid 2020 it's been around $1800. That tracks with inflation pretty well.
    I'd almost bet a donut if I put up 100 ounces of silver in TGT's classifieds at spot price
    I'll keep you in mind when I'm looking to buy. In the mean time I'm always open to selling services or goods for PMs.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    My kids were born in South Dakota and still visit family there regularly so I bought the Grandkids some South Dakota Gold backs for their birthdays this year.

Interesting concept......

1709308012471.png

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    My kids were born in South Dakota and still visit family there regularly so I bought the Grandkids some South Dakota Gold backs for their birthdays this year.

Interesting concept......

View attachment 437489
    Wife and I give PMs to the niece and nephew too. There are 5 states now with the gold backs, and the premium paid for the amount of gold in each denomination is stupid high. That said, I’ve started collecting them myself because they are interesting and the artwork is stunning. I’ve got the $1 & 5 for each state and three of the $10. I’ll stop when I have an example of each face value for every state. FWIW, there’s also a $1 silverback too, but they are running $9 for about $2 or $3 worth of silver content.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Do you ever wonder if gold and silver would have ever achieved such value in society if not for primitive man finding these metals to be visually appealing and easily hammered into the shapes of religious items?

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    This. Alcohol is the way to go. So many weak people will want to solve troubles with drinking. Then when they get disorderly in an apocalypse you can shoot em and take their stuff.
    I worked on heavy equipment for a number of years. That included landfill equipment and one thing I learned is that the difference between economical good and bad times is easily gauged by the beer cans and bottles being dumped.
    Quantities remain pretty consistent, but the brand names are a pretty reliable measure of the state of the economy.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I worked on heavy equipment for a number of years. That included landfill equipment and one thing I learned is that the difference between economical good and bad times is easily gauged by the beer cans and bottles being dumped.
    Quantities remain pretty consistent, but the brand names are a pretty reliable measure of the state of the economy.
    The recent bud light cans are a reliable measure of what our current society has become.

Top Bottom