• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Where do y’all buy gold or silver from. There are 100 places out there.

What’s a good resource for starting to learn about it?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    ua-fair-banks-mine.gif

;)

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I’ve used Money Metals with success. They will run specials and offer free shipping with min purchase. I think $500 but it could have changed. Every once it a while they will do a promotion, like buy $750 worth and get a free 90% coin

Or if you make it to Houston, U.S. Coins and Jewelry. It’s where I go mostly and they do the online thing too

JM Bullion gets good reviews. I tried them once before but they had a strange payment requirement. They wanted some banking information that I just was not comfortable giving so I passed. You might try them. I’m just not savvy enough on the electronic banking to know the risks.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I have used APMEX, in the past.
    If you are in the Houston area, I have an individual who is honest and sells at a reasonable profit margin and beats most online sales.

He is a coin dealer and sometimes works gun shows in Pasadena and Conroe. I'm not affiliated with him in any manner but can vouch that he is trustworthy and honest. And, I have purchased from him several times over the years - mainly silver rounds.

I would not feel right posting his information on a public forum, but if anyone is interested you can p.m. me and I will give you his details.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    I personally don’t buy it, however my closest friend owns a jewelry store. If I were to buy any I’d probably just go through him. My answer would be get a friend that owns a jewelry store.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    We own a bunch of silver just so we can look at some of our investments. We have used APMEX but have enjoyed using Texas Precious Metals. They move the metal that you order from storage to their office in Shiner. Then we drive down, do the brewery tour and have lunch and then pick up our metal.

Some years back we had a place in Utah strike some commemorative silver coins for our fire department. Once the dies were paid for the price was reasonable. Even the first order (included paying for the dies) came out to about $25 each for one ounce coins.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I know guns that's what I bought into. Less confusing & will be worth as much as gold & silver when the time comes.
    True, but there's a limit to how many guns you can carry... Some gold, even silver, in your pocket might be useful!

I have the same problem with silver as for guns; too much weight for value.

OP, if you decide to buy gold, and your purpose is exchange in SHTF, rather than investment, consider fractional gold even though you won't like the premiums.

If you decide to buy silver, U.S. silver coinage would have the advantage of being recognizable.

Top Bottom