• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

Has anyone used this outfit before? Pricing (today anyway) is equal to or slightly better to the other sites. What I like is the low free shipping threshold. $99
    I've used Silver.com and JM Bullion. Shipping was free over $200.
    Hurley's Gold

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I’ve also had very good service from Apmex, but I was always afraid of it getting stolen so I went to Plan B.
    2D7327EA-F5D9-4DC5-93C2-C5CEE5DA9F92.jpeg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

Has anyone used this outfit before? Pricing (today anyway) is equal to or slightly better to the other sites. What I like is the low free shipping threshold. $99
    Yep, I've used them before. Check their ebay store, too. Sometimes they'll have the same thing slightly cheaper on ebay.

Also check Monument Metals and Silver Gold Bull. Those three seem to bounce back and forth in having the best deals.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Yep, I've used them before. Check their ebay store, too. Sometimes they'll have the same thing slightly cheaper on ebay.

Also check Monument Metals and Silver Gold Bull. Those three seem to bounce back and forth in having the best deals.
    Ya I’ve used Monument Metals and they are good

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I've just been sitting on my ounces, not sure what to do with it but it has been a not-great "investment" and thinking about selling it. Nobody trades anything for it currently, and the only places I can sell it for liquid cash are pawn shops or ship it off to apmex and then wait for a check in the mail (figuratively). Is this buyers remorse 10 years later or should I just sit on it until I actually desperately need to sell it?

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I've just been sitting on my ounces, not sure what to do with it but it has been a not-great "investment" and thinking about selling it. Nobody trades anything for it currently, and the only places I can sell it for liquid cash are pawn shops or ship it off to apmex and then wait for a check in the mail (figuratively). Is this buyers remorse 10 years later or should I just sit on it until I actually desperately need to sell it?
    Metals aren't really something you buy to make money on... They are more than anything a means to conserve value. As such, their price says more about the condition of a currency than anything; a higher metal price suggests a lack of confidence in a currency and a decrease in it's value. Gold is not the standard it once was, but it is still a standard...

Like anything else you might own that could be traded for currency, the question should be, are you in need of more currency now? If not, why sell?

That said, IMO, the circumstances where gold may be better than currency are limited to a brief period after a currency collapse and then when a new stable currency is established. In between, there are many better commodities and durable goods for barter; however, the nature of most of those is that they are generally more bulky and may require controlled storage.

The gist... If you have gold and don't need money, hang on to the gold, unless you can think of something that will be more valuable to you in the circumstances you expect to develop.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Metals aren't really something you buy to make money on... They are more than anything a means to conserve value. As such, their price says more about the condition of a currency than anything; a higher metal price suggests a lack of confidence in a currency and a decrease in it's value. Gold is not the standard it once was, but it is still a standard...

Like anything else you might own that could be traded for currency, the question should be, are you in need of more currency now? If not, why sell?

That said, IMO, the circumstances where gold may be better than currency are limited to a brief period after a currency collapse and then when a new stable currency is established. In between, there are many better commodities and durable goods for barter; however, the nature of most of those is that they are generally more bulky and may require controlled storage.

The gist... If you have gold and don't need money, hang on to the gold, unless you can think of something that will be more valuable to you in the circumstances you expect to develop.
    Yeah I've heard the "its a hedge" or "it stores value" and you're right, its not one of those "i desperately need $1000 really soon" situations so its not burning a hole in my closet but at the same time nobody on market places trades with or for it, and while they're pretty to look at, I sigh and wonder why I even got it. Its not doing what old wise men or experts say it would do: inflation is making everything 25% more expensive while PMs went up 2% sorta thing (whatever the exact numbers are)

The 2 pawn shops I asked how much they may offer for my silver and gold gave reasonably fair offers of a dollar or two below spot for silver but then you notice in their cabinet its a few dollars higher than spot. One today flat out said "not buying, we have enough on our shelves now" which tells me some people drop off their entire horde of metals (or possibly grandma's) for cash and the pawnshop has to sit on it until we buy it all slowly. But I think your last paragraph is where I'm at: its never going to tank like bitcoins and other speculation commodities, but its doing better than my mad money.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

I'm currently looking at my cash reserves in the same light...

Should I be trading them for something with better future value?
    I just wanted to add, that I am of the same mind right now as @OutlawStar, but as regards cash reserves rather than gold... I wonder whether to spend it or hang on to it as a hedge against inflation? I'm really having a hard time thinking of anything of more worth right now..., but the cash could become rapidly worthless.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    The 2 pawn shops I asked how much they may offer for my silver and gold gave reasonably fair offers of a dollar or two below spot for silver but then you notice in their cabinet its a few dollars higher than spot.
    Sell it here; you'll at least get spot plus shipping.

Reactions: gll

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yeah I've heard the "its a hedge" or "it stores value" and you're right, its not one of those "i desperately need $1000 really soon" situations so its not burning a hole in my closet but at the same time nobody on market places trades with or for it, and while they're pretty to look at, I sigh and wonder why I even got it. Its not doing what old wise men or experts say it would do: inflation is making everything 25% more expensive while PMs went up 2% sorta thing (whatever the exact numbers are)

The 2 pawn shops I asked how much they may offer for my silver and gold gave reasonably fair offers of a dollar or two below spot for silver but then you notice in their cabinet its a few dollars higher than spot. One today flat out said "not buying, we have enough on our shelves now" which tells me some people drop off their entire horde of metals (or possibly grandma's) for cash and the pawnshop has to sit on it until we buy it all slowly. But I think your last paragraph is where I'm at: its never going to tank like bitcoins and other speculation commodities, but its doing better than my mad money.
    Members on here will trade for it. Id accept silver or gold for a listing if I had one up

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I buy mostly silver coins. I like American Eagles, Canadian Maple Leafs, and some Aussie coins. I have a lot of older Chinese Pandas but I haven’t bought any since 2014

I mostly buy from two places, Provident Metals in TX and Gainesville Coin in FL. Both are excellent and ship fast.

I like to give certified “70” graded Silver Eagles for new baby gifts.

Reactions: MTA

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I don’t buy as much silver as I used to but I’m hanging on to what I have and will pass it on to kids.

I also think, if you have room, buying ammo when prices are depressed (2018-19) was a great investment if kept and used for barter. Wish I’d have bought a dozen cases each of 30-30, 30.06, and .243 when it was cheap and plentiful…I knew a LOT of folks willing to pay up for them last few years…

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I buy a little every year around christmas to give to the kids. My grandmother and father did the same for me. What kid doesn't enjoy getting treasure for christmas.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BLANCHARD Metals, for both buying & learning.

They are honest.

Please learn about the differences b/t REAL Gold & “paper” Gold.

Also the pros & cons of various storage place options.

Hint: There are potential problems with security (safety deposit) boxes in licensed banks

leVieux

Top Bottom