Buying Guns online?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by radioflyer, Aug 9, 2009.

1. radioflyer

radioflyer Active Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Who here has purchased a gun online (from either individual or shop)?

Anyone use gunbroker.com?

How does the procedure for online purchase and transfer differ from a F2F sale?

thanks.

2. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    I purchased my XD40 service in a bid on gunbroker. The seller was a gunshop in Kentucky. I called them as soon as the auction was closed, paid them over the phone with my debit card, told them the name of the FFL i would use. I then went down to the shop I use, got the copy of their license, faxed it to the seller and they shipped the gun out same day. Picked it up at the shop 2 days later. They still have to go through all the 4473 b.s. and in some ways its a hell of a lot more work (bidding, tracking, faxing, etc.) than just going in to a shop and picking what you want. I got just enough of a deal to make it worth it.

3. wayneside

wayneside Member

Feb 14, 2009
    got some guns from buds online...sent to my ffl.

4. AR15Vern

AR15Vern New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    no tax

5. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I've used gunbroker a lot. Only problem I ever had was with someone that didn't have any feedback. If you ever have boought from ebay, then you shouldn't have nay problems with GB. If the seller has alot of positive feedback, you can should have a good experience. :2cents:

6. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    I would only buy from reputable sellers with a bunch of positive feedback and pay with a postal money order. Any fraud involving a postal money order is a federal offense. There are many great deals on gunbroker.com, just be smart.

7. jsbcats

jsbcats Member

May 4, 2009
    Kingwood
    Bought one from tacticalgunarmory.com. Painless and fast.

8. radioflyer

radioflyer Active Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Assuming the worst case scenario: i buy from an individual and receive the wrong item, damaged item or no item at all, Do I have any recourse using a postal money order? I'm accustomed to using paypal for just about everything these days.

9. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Assuming the worst case scenario: i buy from an individual and receive the wrong item, damaged item or no item at all, Do I have any recourse using a postal money order? I'm accustomed to using paypal for just about everything these days.
    There's very little risk in buying from an individual as long as he show's a long positive feedback history. Feedback is golden.

10. bvillars

bvillars Member

Feb 22, 2009
    gunbroker good, paypal bad

I was under the impression that paypal was still not firearm friendly including ammo. So I quit using them for everything