• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    So this neighboring Unit gave us the heads up on some good deals on buying Para 1911s in bulk and getting great deals and bundles including engravings, extra mags. etc etc.

My platoon wants to follow suit. They also bulk ordered DPMS ar15s, Ofcourse the ffl was included in expenses. I want in but am not leaning towards the PARA. Has anyone else bulk ordered with a group. What was your selection?
    Hurley's Gold

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    My cousin has a Para with some engraving on it from one of those military group orders, but I don't remember the details...

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    It would be fun to have an engraved firearm that is linked to a unit. Also a nice heirloom for GI John Jr. Have you guys been deployed? It would be nice to engrave your combat patch on it. I have never owned or shot a Para Ordinance, but I understand they are good shooters and good quality.

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Guess the only downside is that you can't deploy with the gun. Great idea though, even if you only get grips engraved and shared within your Platoon. I think the cost of the weapons would limit many of those who cannot afford a $1000-$1500 weapon...well at least PRIOR to deployment )

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I wouldn't personally waste money on a Para when there are other brands out there around the same price (Kimber, Springfield, etc) that are much higher quality. If you look around out there, Para's have a long history of poor quality control and parts failures.

Top Bottom