• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    OK, they promised when Trump won, anyone think these leftist scumbags will keep their promise this time?

We can only hope.

Google Searches On ‘How To Move To Canada’ Spiked Following SCOTUS Ruling​

They are just creating drama to try and boost their importance. They do a lot of talking and bragging, but NOT one of them will leave the United States.
    Venture Surplus ad

Nick!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2017
    DFW
    1656245572850.jpeg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    In that case why should our tax dollars go to anyones spousal benefits?

Once the gov has our money, we’re pretty much screwed in having any say in how it’s spent.
    I have no problem with a woman who is a wife getting spousal benefits.

And you are pretty much right on the second point.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have no problem with a woman who is a wife getting spousal benefits.

And you are pretty much right on the second point.

I mean more along the lines of why *should* those benefits go to the spouse.

I’ve heard justifications for helping to encourage families and children, but then there is a question of why a spouse should get any benefits if for some reason they didn’t have children.

If it’s not about children then it’s simply down to the disapproval of the relationship. But then I don’t think the gov should be picking and choosing who gets what based on a moral approval that doesn’t have anything to do with violated rights. So I guess I fall in to the category of marriage having nothing to do with government and either no gov benefit at all or if you want the gov involved and some kind of benefits to encourage marriage then go civil union and open it for everyone.

Or I guess you could limit benefits to only those who marry and have children as a way to encourage enough reproduction to maintain/grow the population if that is the goal. But I don’t really believe it has any effect or creates stable relationships. That comes from culture which is beyond the control of the gov for the most part.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...stable relationships. That comes from culture which is beyond the control of the gov for the most part.
    I agree that government can do very little to create stable relationships. However, I believe government has vast potential to discourage their formation. Look at the war on low- and middle-income black families that the government has waged for almost 50 years.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I agree that government can do very little to create stable relationships. However, I believe government has vast potential to discourage their formation. Look at the war on low- and middle-income black families that the government has waged for almost 50 years.

Yeah, I have to agree with this.

It used to be that those in hard places would go to community organizations dedicated to families and stability for help. Now it’s the government that handles that role and rewards increase to match with poor decisions. Just one example.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Those with differing opinions - please tell me, what is the difference between abortion and murder?!?!
    “My body, my choice” is pure bullshit - the life within your womb is NOT YOUR BODY - he/she is no different than you! How would you have liked it if YOU were ABORTED?!?!

Top Bottom