• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred B.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dallas
    Was wondering if many people here have a C&R FFL ?

I applied for one today. Anybody else apply anytime lately ?
    What kind of wait time is there and was also do you think having had a CHL for several years now might speed up the process ?
    Target Sports

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Took a month or so for mine. Can't see how having a CHL would make a difference. I have already saved hundreds at Brownells and Midway

Fred B.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dallas
    Took a month or so for mine. Can't see how having a CHL would make a difference. I have already saved hundreds at Brownells and Midway

A month would be nice.

I have no idea what they look into for this FFL. I was thinking that if it is anything like a CHL it might help that some of the work would already be done for them.
    Then again,I'm clueless on what is involved.

At $30,$10 a year,I see it paying for itself really fast.

Been looking at a few sites for a Mosin Nagant 91/30.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Mine took a month about two years ago. A CHL makes no difference as it is state-issued; heck my Federally-granted security clearance didn't speed things up. But they turn applications pretty quick and I have found a C&R to be great to have!

Cheers! M2

Fred B.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dallas
    Really looking forward to receiving it. Kinda surprised they move on them so quick and get them out in a month.Hey,sooner the better.

Those discounts that are mentioned at places like Midway also include items like reloaders ?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Really looking forward to receiving it. Kinda surprised they move on them so quick and get them out in a month.Hey,sooner the better.

Those discounts that are mentioned at places like Midway also include items like reloaders ?

The dealer discounts at Midway, Brownells, Grafs etc vary widely. Some things are 30% off, others have zero discount. I can look up the dealer price of a specific item # at Midway if you want.

Fred B.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dallas
    The dealer discounts at Midway, Brownells, Grafs etc vary widely. Some things are 30% off, others have zero discount. I can look up the dealer price of a specific item # at Midway if you want.

That would be great,much appreciated !

Lee 4 hole Turret Press w/Auto Index Deluxe Kit
    Midway # 622290 Mfg # 90928

Lee .45 ACP 4 Die Kit
    Midway # 242098 Mfg # 90968

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Fred:
    A little off topic, but a little advice. I own a Lee Single Stage and Lee Dies in 3 calibers and love them. I have been looking at the turret press just so I can buy a couple of eextre turrets and put each set of dies on a turret so I dont have to re-adjust each time I switch calibers. In my research, I have found the following:
    1) The kit you are buying has the lee scale in it. From my experience and reviewers here: Lee Safety Magnetic Powder Scale 100 Grain Capacity - MidwayUSA It is pretty sucky.
    2) The press you are looking it is rated well, however there are still some people who have problems with it whereas the "Classic Turret" has very few complaints: Lee Classic 4 Hole Turret Press - MidwayUSA
    3) The kit you are looking at has the Lee Auto Disk powder system. Again, that one is rated ok, but people seem to be happier with the Pro model: Lee Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure - MidwayUSA

So I can't argue with the value of the kit, but you **MIGHT** be better off with a kit like this:
    https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41
    Note that it INCLUDES a set of dies and has a $12 upgrade to the PRO auto disk.

Edit: And I should probably point out that I think an even better value is the Lee Pro 1000. Comes with the Pro Auto Disk, etc., but note it has a few issues:
    1) It doesnt do rifle ammo >.223. (I will probably do rifle ammo in my single stage anyway)
    2) People are not as happy with it as the classic turret as it is finiky and the manual that comes with it supposedly sucks. (I am a pretty good tinkerer, plus there are lots of videos by lee and on youtube to help fine tune it)
    3) It only has room for 3 dies and only comes with a 3 die set. So no factory crimp die or room to add one. (Many say it is not needed, and I think I will de-prime/resize on my single and just flare, seat, and crimp on it)
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=351321

Fred B.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dallas
    Thanks for checking Bithabus.I didn't really think that such items would have much of a discount.

Rum Runner I had been researching this site and Google about different presses. The Lee Classic kept coming to the top for the type I am interested in.I already had that Kempf Kit bookmarked and kept going back to it.

Late last night I took your recommendation and went ahead and ordered that kit with the upgrade, in .45 ACP.
    I just about have my son ready to order the same kit.

Now for my C&R FFL to come in.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom