• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Katrina Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Hi, I'm new here, got this link from thefiringline.com/forums folks, I'm looking at ordering an SKS rifle and I haven't either of the two licenses required, anyone in have one of these licsenses and do you do this kind of ordering for people like myself?
    Also, I checked out another thread on Concealed Carry Permit classes but half of that poster's links to his website were dead. I'd like to get that permit very soon, anyone in here teach Concealed Carry Permit classes?

Pardon me if I should have posted these two topics somewhere else, thought general discussion would be a good starting point.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    See you made it over here. :patriot: Didn't think about it till I got on here but you have Shiloh and TalonArms that are both in Houston and sponsors on here.

Bily Lovec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    what area of town are you ?

there is a $10 FFL in the NW are of town, that will be your best bet for a transfer.

welcome, newbie :D

metalbot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Hi, I'm new here, got this link from thefiringline.com/forums folks, I'm looking at ordering an SKS rifle and I haven't either of the two licenses required, anyone in have one of these licsenses and do you do this kind of ordering for people like myself?

It's definitely NOT legal for a C&R FFL to order an SKS on your behalf. You could buy an SKS from someone who was a C&R FFL who happened to be selling one, but it's definitely a violation of the license rules for one to obtain one explicitly for selling to you.

I'm sure you can find a cheap 01 FFL to do the transfer.

Katrina Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    well ok whatever the proceedure is

Whether he orders it or I do, I know the gun store won't ship it to me directly.

metalbot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    You are not understanding the process. You order it and have it shipped to the FFL, who handles the legal/licensing side of transferring the weapon to you.

Right - and to further clarify, a C&R FFL can't handle transfers.

metalbot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Curio and Relics license.

Let me clarify this. It's a license that allows you to drain your checking account and run up credit card bills ordering qualified surplus rifles and pistols delivered to your house. As an added penalty, large shooting supply companies like Midway USA and Brownell's give you seductive discounts on purchases in the guise of "dealer pricing".

All in all, very bad for your bank balances.

Katrina Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    actually I thought a C & R could for an SKS

Was told that an SKS falls into that category, apparently I was wrong.

metalbot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008

C&R's can't do "transfers" of any type of firearm. Their license does not allow them to operate as a business or order firearms for other people. The SKS is something that a C&R can order (and get shipped without going through an 01 FFL), but they can't do that on your behalf.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

Hopefully metlbot's post helped finally. So far you're just not getting what people are trying to tell you. A C&R can't help you.

"YOU" need to buy it and have it shipped to an FFL who can process the transfer to you.

Top Bottom