Join TexasGunTalk

CA Refugee

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by OutlawStar, Dec 4, 2017.

1. OutlawStar

OutlawStar New Member

Sep 14, 2017
    Mckinney
    I've been in North Dallas for about 6 months now, left CA because the politics, cost of living, and lack of upward mobility with my previous job. I do miss parts of CA, but not enough to make me want to go back.

Just got my TX driver's license in preparation of getting my concealed license, and first gun in Texas. Just a collector of cool guns, and thankfully I don't have to dance around CA gun laws anymore. Not sure of any superb gun shops up here, and might just go to Cabella's; but if anyone has a better suggestion on pricing and availability around the Allen/Mckinney area, I'm all ears. I'm also looking for a decent shooting range too.

Also, I'm about to buy my first motorcycle, nothing crazy just something I've been wanting for a couple years. A simple bike to get a burger on the weekends.

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

3. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Welcome to TGT. Are they running short on U Haul trailers in CA?

4. OutlawStar

OutlawStar New Member

Sep 14, 2017
    Mckinney
    Just by happenstance through work, I've met 4 families that moved from CA for the exact same reasons I did.

Similarly, I've been turned down by some Texas girls because they think I'm a typical Californian. I'm not! Promise!

5. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Welcome. Some are understandably kind of leary of folks from that state.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

6. TxStetson

TxStetson TGT Addict TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

May 9, 2013
    Abilene
    Welcome to the forum. We’re reserving judgement on welcoming you to the state. That line about missing parts of Kali raise a red flag.

7. OutlawStar

OutlawStar New Member

Sep 14, 2017
    Mckinney
    haha, understandably so, they've ruined so many other good things. The parts I miss are the sunny and 75 weather 90% of the year, my mexican and burrito spots, breweries on every corner, supercars more often than toyotas, and that pacific coast highway drive to work everyday. Thats about it though.

8. TxStetson

TxStetson TGT Addict TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

May 9, 2013
    Abilene
    Ok. In that case welcome to the state too.

9. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    The weather will be in the sunny and 90-100 range for much for the year, if you can't find Mexican and burrito spots in Texas you're legally blind, there's tons of local breweries but the only one you need is Shiner, and I see Lambos and McLarens every week.

pronstar likes this.
  10. Charlie

Charlie Time is the thief of memory! TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Welcome to the forum!