• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I've been in North Dallas for about 6 months now, left CA because the politics, cost of living, and lack of upward mobility with my previous job. I do miss parts of CA, but not enough to make me want to go back.

Just got my TX driver's license in preparation of getting my concealed license, and first gun in Texas. Just a collector of cool guns, and thankfully I don't have to dance around CA gun laws anymore. Not sure of any superb gun shops up here, and might just go to Cabella's; but if anyone has a better suggestion on pricing and availability around the Allen/Mckinney area, I'm all ears. I'm also looking for a decent shooting range too.

Also, I'm about to buy my first motorcycle, nothing crazy just something I've been wanting for a couple years. A simple bike to get a burger on the weekends.
    Guns International

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Just by happenstance through work, I've met 4 families that moved from CA for the exact same reasons I did.

Similarly, I've been turned down by some Texas girls because they think I'm a typical Californian. I'm not! Promise!

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Welcome to the forum. We’re reserving judgement on welcoming you to the state. That line about missing parts of Kali raise a red flag.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    haha, understandably so, they've ruined so many other good things. The parts I miss are the sunny and 75 weather 90% of the year, my mexican and burrito spots, breweries on every corner, supercars more often than toyotas, and that pacific coast highway drive to work everyday. Thats about it though.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    haha, understandably so, they've ruined so many other good things. The parts I miss are the sunny and 75 weather 90% of the year, my mexican and burrito spots, breweries on every corner, supercars more often than toyotas, and that pacific coast highway drive to work everyday. Thats about it though.

Ok. In that case welcome to the state too.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    The weather will be in the sunny and 90-100 range for much for the year, if you can't find Mexican and burrito spots in Texas you're legally blind, there's tons of local breweries but the only one you need is Shiner, and I see Lambos and McLarens every week.

Bowyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    Welcome to Texas!
    Check out Texasguntrader.com for used guns just be prepared to haggle to get a good price.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Welcome aboard from a 4th generation Texan!

I married a Huntington Beach beach bunny. She is now landlocked in Texas, but has adapted after over 30 years here. She does make me take her to the coast a couple times a year for her beach fix.

Cabelas is good, Gun Gear to Go in Plano is a good shop. But look for gun shows. Its like gun overload there. Pretty much anything and everything you didn't know you wanted. Sometimes you can find good deals from guys just walking around with something to sell.

The Dallas Market Hall show has always been my favorite, though its not as good as it was 20 years ago. And the Mesquite or Big Town shows are frequent, and not that far from you.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My advise for gun shows, unless you find something you just can't pass up, is look around and if you find something you like, look for it online. Remember, you don't have to buy things Ca. compliant anymore.

itsawondertoo

Semper Fi! Don't make me use my knife hands!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Katy, TX
    Welcome to Texas and TGT! Big differences between the Cali mexican food and our TexMex...I like TexMex better myself...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom