• ...and so much more!
  • Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Hello Gents,

Did anyone make it out to the grand opening of Cabelas in West El Paso yesterday?
    The official grand opening is September 14th, but with a ticket you were allowed access yesterday, and allowed to buy at employee pricing from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Anyone else check them out, and what did you pick up?
    Gun Zone Deals

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    If freaking El Paso can have a Cabela's, why in THE Sam Hill can't Houston have one? And yes, I'm familiar that there's one way down I-45 in League City, but that ain't even close to by-God Houston. Do the Cabela's folks not think Houston dollars are any good?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    If freaking El Paso can have a Cabela's, why in THE Sam Hill can't Houston have one? And yes, I'm familiar that there's one way down I-45 in League City, but that ain't even close to by-God Houston. Do the Cabela's folks not think Houston dollars are any good?
    Get in line

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Lol, people complaining about driving 30 miles to League city to pay more for the same thing that you can get at the academy sports down the street? You realize that Houston is about 60 miles in diameter? What's another 30 miles? If I want to see stuffed deer heads on the wall while shopping for over priced Chinese sporting goods I will go to Bass Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Lol, people complaining about driving 30 miles to League city to pay more for the same thing that you can get at the academy sports down the street? You realize that Houston is about 60 miles in diameter? What's another 30 miles? If I want to see stuffed deer heads on the wall while shopping for over priced Chinese sporting goods I will go to Bass Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm as far from League City as you can be and still be in Houston. On the west and northwest side, we're a lot more conservative than the folks inside-the-loop (for whom it might only be 25 miles to League City). I'm not driving over 50 miles to visit a store, but furthermore, I have no reason whatsoever to go to League City. Hell, I won't even go to Galveston without a damn good reason. I pretty much have no reason to go to Galveston County.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    It was a joke.
    I happen to enjoy the Cabela's Gun Library. I've bought at least four firearms through them from various Cabela's locations (via online ads). Sometimes they get their hands on unicorns. I'd love to have one nearby to "gander" at now and again . . .

(no joke.)

What I'd REALLY like is to be a whole lot closer to Brownell's . . . (yeah, I was raised in Iowa.)

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    1.jpg

I guess no one from El Paso went and took advantage of the $42 cases of target 12 ga, or $61 boxes of 500 .452 JHP 230 gr...

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    It was ok. Way smaller compared to other locations but basically the same stuff. Good to have another choice in ELP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I can't see how Cabela's will do any better than Gander Mountain did here in El Paso...and Gander Mtn went out of business just recently (see pic below).

We'll see if Cabela's prices and location (better than Gander Mtn's location) make the difference.
    IMG_7978.JPG

-- BR

Top Bottom