• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I still don't get the flipper business model. Maybe a few quick bucks, but I believe that is waning. No one is buying a big ass house in Boca with those profits. I don't work that hard at it, but I've got all of the ammo I want/need. Even .22 although I mostly buy match grade ammo which itself carries a higher price and scares a lot of bulk "plinkers" off. 9mm/.40/.45 has gone up, there is no getting around that. The $8 Wally-World cheap ass 9mm stuff is now $12 - $13. That's not going to change so just get used to it. Reloading components have also gone up, so you can't reload 50 rounds of 9mm for $4 anymore. Sad, especially the .22 which was always our fall back for cheap shooting.

I agree, none of them are retiring from it. You might hear about one or two that claim or even actually have made a few more dollars then most, but they are not typical.

I suspect that most flippers are not so business savy and are fooling themselves on what their actual profit is. I believe most, are guys that don't usually have daily disposable income, so when all of a sudden they have a few hundred in their pocket, they think they are doing good, not really taking into account the cost of doing business week after week and not really putting any "profit" they do receive into growing the business or anything fruitful, generally.

I also think that many just are addicted to "the deal". I've known guys that get a rush off flipping something they received in another deal for a bit more then they bought it for, but again never factor in the cost of doing business, including what their time is worth. One needs to figure out how much an hour of their time is worth and none of these guys usually do that. If they would see that what they are making off flipping is next to nothing or actually costing them money.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Just picked up 200 rds of CCI mini mag 22lr 8.99/100 at cabelas in buda. One box per customer but had the wife get one too.

Top Bottom