• ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Shit. I remember when these were $60.
    One of my first guns was a British 303 Enfield JUNGLE Carbine in issued but excellent condition...$15. BEGGED my daddy to get one of the Thompson's SMG, US marked in UNISSUED as new condition, $150, packed in cosmo, were $140. I begged daddy, he carried a Thompson in WWII and I had pics of him with it in the Pacific. Those were the days...

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    So, in the vein of ignorance, what is the appeal for Mosins? I ask because I am curious. Might be something to consider as a long gun purchase.

the cheapest, toughest, battle rifle you will find. it is a addition that every self respecting Texan should have in his collection.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ohhh man, very cool. Did he get the Tommy Gun? Do you have it?
    No, I wish, he left his behind but I do have his 1911 he was issued in 1933 and carried in WWII, Korea and to Vietnam. He did bring back a Jap Machinegun, one of the guys on here has one and posted a pic of it. We had that thing for years and I would lay on the floor watching TV and shoot the bad guys when I was a kid. I think when I stopped playing with it Dad got rid of it. I wish I had that Brit Jungle Carbine, good looking gun. Not many were imported and I guess today Obama won't let any in??? You can pick them up for about $400 ++.

Dad was stationed at the Pentagon and friends with a guy by the name of Sam Cummings who was an arms dealer and his warehouses were down at the docks in Alexandria Va. He also had a store down there and went under the name there of Ye Olde Hunter, also under a lot of other names, such at Interarms etc. Only later as an adult did I come to understand dads involvement with Sam (who supplied the guns to the Bay of Pigs), based upon what my dad did and his involvement with Sam I would not think I am going out on a limb by saying Sam worked for 'the company' as in CIA.

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    I was just looking at a jungle carbine my buddy has. Very neat old gun his dad gave him. I am somewhat over my black rifle acquisition binge, picking up some more pre-64 Win rifles these days....may need to add a jungle carbine to the mix.

Money, guns, ammo - all requisite items in the arsenal of democracy. Rainbows & unicorns sure didn't defeat communisim. BTW-care to share any details on your CIB?

zen1300

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    The snipers they have are not true snipers. They are non-sniper models with replica scopes. Overpriced given that knowledge... of course wish someone had told me that when I bought mine. :banghead:

Still fun to shoot though.

The date on the back of their tags say when they got the rifle in (all used firearms actually). If a rifle has been there longer you might get them to discount more.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    the cheapest, toughest, battle rifle you will find. it is a addition that every self respecting Texan should have in his collection.

Plus they shoot a biggo round and make a biggo BOOM! :boom:

I want one for those reasons and I want one to restore. Since they're so cheap I want to take it apart and clean it up and shoot the hell out of it. I think the ammo is still somewhat cheap. Maybe I'll buy 6 or 8 of them lol

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    View attachment 24421 You mean like one of these? Picked it up for about 400 less than a month ago. Pretty accurate, and for it's size and caliber very little recoil.

No, I wish, he left his behind but I do have his 1911 he was issued in 1933 and carried in WWII, Korea and to Vietnam. He did bring back a Jap Machinegun, one of the guys on here has one and posted a pic of it. We had that thing for years and I would lay on the floor watching TV and shoot the bad guys when I was a kid. I think when I stopped playing with it Dad got rid of it. I wish I had that Brit Jungle Carbine, good looking gun. Not many were imported and I guess today Obama won't let any in??? You can pick them up for about $400 ++.

Dad was stationed at the Pentagon and friends with a guy by the name of Sam Cummings who was an arms dealer and his warehouses were down at the docks in Alexandria Va. He also had a store down there and went under the name there of Ye Olde Hunter, also under a lot of other names, such at Interarms etc. Only later as an adult did I come to understand dads involvement with Sam (who supplied the guns to the Bay of Pigs), based upon what my dad did and his involvement with Sam I would not think I am going out on a limb by saying Sam worked for 'the company' as in CIA.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Budda Cabellas had a couple racks of them, I got one of the only 2 Tulas they had. They had 2 snipers for 499$, but they were not original. All counter bored and a couple bores were dark and real rough. Mostly matching numbers though. 129$ was still pretty good for what they were, 91/30s. They were not giving out the accessories with them and the dude that helped me said he was told from corporate not to give them out. That was lame. Oh well.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    View attachment 24421 You mean like one of these? Picked it up for about 400 less than a month ago. Pretty accurate, and for it's size and caliber very little recoil.
    WOW, looked at that pic close and it looks like its in GREAT shape. Great history with those old guns.

I was just looking at a jungle carbine my buddy has. Very neat old gun his dad gave him. I am somewhat over my black rifle acquisition binge, picking up some more pre-64 Win rifles these days....may need to add a jungle carbine to the mix.

Money, guns, ammo - all requisite items in the arsenal of democracy. Rainbows & unicorns sure didn't defeat communisim. BTW-care to share any details on your CIB?
    Vietnam '67- Dec '68, was a 11b/13e which meant I could call in indirect fire as in being a Forward Observer. Mostly served with the 1st Cav, 1st Bde Inf outfits, but saw time with the Korean White Horse Div, Rangers, ARVNS, 173 Abn, 5th Mech Div, 1st Inf and a host of others I have long since forgotten. I actually belonged to 1st FFV and they doled me and some other guys out like candy to any unit that was heading to the boonies...which meant I was out on some temp LZ and stayed behind as the unit I was OPCON to left and a new one rolled in which meant out of 14 months I spent all but a bit less than 3 weeks out in the bush.

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    Well, I've been dragging my feet on the Mosin purhcase and they keep getting a bit costlier. Guess I need to get going with the complete "Garand, Enfield, K98, Type99, Mosin-Nagant, " collection.

Keep the rifle sources coming, I'll be swinging by Cabelas in a couple of weeks so may just pick one up there if nothing else.

Vietnam '67- Dec '68, was a 11b/13e....
    that says plenty right there, was a busy time to be in country. Thanks for your service, first beverage on me.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Well, I've been dragging my feet on the Mosin purhcase and they keep getting a bit costlier. Guess I need to get going with the complete "Garand, Enfield, K98, Type99, Mosin-Nagant, " collection.

Keep the rifle sources coming, I'll be swinging by Cabelas in a couple of weeks so may just pick one up there if nothing else.

that says plenty right there, was a busy time to be in country. Thanks for your service, first beverage on me.

Just seen this one.

Russian Mosin Nagant

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom