• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I have an 02' Lincoln Navigator AWD/4x4 loaded that is getting up there in miles. LOVE this SUV as we use it for everything so we are wanting another one. Problem is that Lincoln/Ford has not changed the driveline in the Navigator since its conception and it is sorely outdated.

I want something that has more power and better gas mileage which it what the Escalades appear to have. I have read where some of the Hybrid models can get 21/22 mpg on the highway which is awesome for our long hauls. Also, IIRC the Cadillacs have somewhere in the 350hp/360tq range?

We will want a 3-5 years old SUV and 4x4 is a must have. I know I might have to look outside of Texas to find what I want where flying to pick it up is okay. Not sure about other options as I haven't look into their offerings or model changes in generations for the Escalades.

Can some Cadillac Escalade owners give me some insight into this SUV and what we should look for?

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    Never driven an escalade. But I hear the 6.2 is a beast. I wish I had chosen that option in my sierra and yukon. On a recent 1000mile road trip,mostly highway, my 5.3 yukon was getting around 18 mgp(hand calculated) @75 mph so 20-21 shouldn't be to far out of reach at slower speeds.

Unless you're set on an escalade the yukon Denali comes standard with the 6.2 as well. Might even be a little cheaper.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Do the hybrids offer that kind of HP/TQ?

GMC makes a Denali that has the same 6.2L V8 the Escalade has.
    And GMC Yukons could be ordered with the "extreme hauling package" which gave it the 6.2 and 3.73 gearing.

I have a 2013 GMC Sierra crew cab pickup with that package and it hauls the freaking mail. Has a 10,700 towing capacity and I get 15/18 mpg.

So what are you asking for the Navigator?

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Ooo la la ! I might scratch this idea as I just looked at some pricing. A 2011 Escalade goes for 50k. Damn. I guess I really dont need two video screens and DVD players or the GPS system. I'll keep looking.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    How is it that these vehicles are retaining such high values? Did Cash for Clunkers affect this market too?

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I work for a Cadillac dealer. We have 8 or ten used Escalades, send me a PM with what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do. FYI, Yukons & Suburbans are nice cars but they're not Cadillacs.

Bad news: Escalade Hybrids are very rare and 2015 Escalades are selling at full sticker and you'll have to wait months to get one.

Good news: Most of the 2015 Escalade buyers are trading in their old Escalades so if you can wait about six months, there should be a healthy selection of these trade ins and prices will a lot better.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    You could wait for the 2015 Navigator. Its getting the eco boost motor, and a style redesign

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Top Bottom