• Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    What happens when toy guns get pointed at LEO:

And he's a lefty!

Now everyone here can reasonably see his force was justified. You can't point a gun at an officer and expect him to wait around to see if it's a toy, airsoft, BB or whatever. And most of us in here, aside from the uniform, would applaud his mag-dump and hail "good shoot!". But because he's a cop he's subject to extra scrutiny — rightfully so. But sometimes people forget LEO have a human element and put into a situation ten times, they may do it differently five — and never perfectly. :SHRUGS

(P.S. Don't get too uppity coppers, I don't always take your side :D)

+1 for body cams.
    DK Firearms

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Just a thought, possible kid did not understand English, perhaps officers used Spanish but it is a problem in many areas. In any event it is sad IMO.

All the more reason to forego the warm fuzzy insistence on bi-lingual education in elementary school? When the first modern wave of North East transplants hit Texas shortly after WWII, to build houses a la Levittown, it was common that those with Italian heritage had family still immigrating from Italy. I clearly recall that less than one year of school was all it took for those young Italian relatives to learn Texan. (Being a coonass, it took me just a bit longer :p)

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    What happens when toy guns get pointed at LEO:

And he's a lefty!

Now everyone here can reasonably see his force was justified. You can't point a gun at an officer and expect him to wait around to see if it's a toy, airsoft, BB or whatever. And most of us in here, aside from the uniform, would applaud his mag-dump and hail "good shoot!". But because he's a cop he's subject to extra scrutiny — rightfully so. But sometimes people forget LEO have a human element and put into a situation ten times, they may do it differently five — and never perfectly. :SHRUGS

(P.S. Don't get too uppity coppers, I don't always take your side :D)

Good job by the LEO! I can't imagine what it feels like to have to take a life, especially over a bb gun or an airsoft.

Top Bottom