• slim jim

Official News Guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    How could this happen in calif. they have all those gun laws? :mad:

Calif. woman slain on the phone with 911
    41 minutes ago

A woman was asking a 911 dispatcher for help when her pleas were interrupted by gunshots, then silence. She was shot to death.
    The woman told the dispatcher someone was trying to break into her home in upscale West Covina, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Dan Rosenberg said. "Deputies heard gunshots followed by silence and an open phone line," he said.
    Deputies arrived at the house, 20 miles east of Los Angeles, a few minutes after Wednesday's late morning call.
    The woman, whose name was not released by police, had been shot several times. Paramedics pronounced her dead at the scene.
    "At this point we believe it was a burglary gone awry," Rosenberg said.
    Investigators are trying to determine if anything was taken, Deputy Luis Castro said.
    While police were investigating the shooting, a man arrived at the home asking about his wife.
    When he heard that the woman had been shot and killed, he collapsed and started to cry, saying "No! She just called me. You lie."
    The man was placed in a patrol car and taken to a sheriff's station, police said.
    Witnesses said they saw one or more men running from the house, Rosenberg said.
    Investigators used bloodhounds to conduct yard-to-yard searches.
    No arrests had been made by Thursday morning, deputies said.
    As a precaution during the search, a high school and an elementary school were locked down for about two hours, police Lt. Dan Brooks said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080320/ap_on_re_us/911_killing;_ylt=An3283oCG.Mo_k77rJKpcj2s0NUE
    Hurley's Gold

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Shame... the greater tragedy is this is what the anti-gun left wants more of.

I don't personally think that's true. Honestly, I think a majority of anti-gun people simply want the same basic things as we do, meaning they want to feel safe, reduce/eliminate crime, etc. Those are positive things to want, however unfortunately they have been so emotionally blinded to the facts that they are going about it in completely the wrong way.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I don't personally think that's true. Honestly, I think a majority of anti-gun people simply want the same basic things as we do, meaning they want to feel safe, reduce/eliminate crime, etc. Those are positive things to want, however unfortunately they have been so emotionally blinded to the facts that they are going about it in completely the wrong way.

Not necessarily the exact event and result, but they want people to rely on the police to protect them. It wouldn't have mattered if this guy had a gun or a knife.

Top Bottom