California bans new gas powered vehicles

dsgrey

Oct 25, 2015
Denton County
So they'll build power plants burning natural gas in California to support the load on their grid?

oldag

TGT Addict
Feb 19, 2015
Virtue signalling to get votes.

Then kick the can down the road to let the politicians in 2035 figure out how to fix the mess.

rotor

Well-Known
Nov 1, 2015
Wichita Falls
It's my understanding that CA has plenty of electricity, so this is a viable plan.
Commiefornia had rolling blackouts just recently because they couldn't buy enough electricity from surrounding states. They shut down nuclear and natural gas generating plants. They depend on outside grids to carry them when it is hot. Okay to pollute in those states but not CA. Electricity rates are very high. Imagine now all electric cars, where will they charge? Wind and solar won't do it. My brother couldn't charge his Tesla during the fires in CA because the electricity was off. Gas powered vehicle let the family escape. Another stupid CA law that will only lead to disaster.

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
Electric cars only make sense, if you have clean energy to provide power for recharging, that doesn't come from petroleum.

If you have more electric cars, that are being recharged from power sources that are using coal, or petroleum to provide energy, then you have more demand on those sources for the power plants. Higher demand.

If the power plants were nuclear, or solar, or wind powered, then it makes some sort of sense, and isn't then dependent upon fossil fuels to provide the power to recharge the electric cars.

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
They’ve already pushed-out a ton of diesel trucks.

If you need a heavy diesel work truck, there are lots of CA folks selling them for cheap because it’s too expensive to retrofit them with the needed smog equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

flgfish

Aug 16, 2020
The Woodlands
They’ve already pushed-out a ton of diesel trucks.

If you need a heavy diesel work truck, there are lots of CA folks selling them for cheap because it’s too expensive to retrofit them with the needed smog equipment.
My wife's uncle had a couple rigs he used to haul stuff around on commission. He lives outside of Auburn, CA. The state put him out of business. Now he's between spending beaucoup bucks on new trucks, or just hanging up the spurs. Think he's just going to go run in Nevada instead.

Maverick44

Certified All-American Gun Nut
My wife's uncle had a couple rigs he used to haul stuff around on commission. He lives outside of Auburn, CA. The state put him out of business. Now he's between spending beaucoup bucks on new trucks, or just hanging up the spurs. Think he's just going to go run in Nevada instead.
Leaving commiefornia is always the best answer, no matter what the question was.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DoubleDuty

Well-Known
Feb 9, 2019
DFW
Well we already knew he was a complete disaster

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier