• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    ...but basically, the total revenue from the tax is flat, and they raise/lower the tax depending on the amount of fuel that’s taxed, so that the revenue remains flat.

If more gas is sold, the tax goes down. If less fuel is sold, the tax goes up.

Reducing the demand for gas doesn’t reduce revenue, because they’ll increase the amount of tax per gallon to make up the difference.
    That is GENIUS!!! Until you're buying the last 100 gallons, that is.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    This thread got me thinking about two groups of people:
    * Classic car collectors. I guess they'll need to invest in huge tanks and stockpile fuel? Better dump some stabilizer in there!
    * People crossing the CA border. Will they force you to swap into a loaner Tesla? Maybe they'll just tax the ever-loving crap out of you and give you a one day permit? You may need to find one of those collectors to get gas to exit the state.
    Damn.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Well, many miss the point that the Idiot Baines is simply trying to thump his chest and say "See, I can do anything I want because I am King and my illegal comrades will keep me in office".

He knows as well as anyone that:
    - in 2035 he will be long gone and the sitting governor can overturn his executive order
    - the California electrical grid cannot and will never handle the charging of an extra 1-2 million or more electric vehicles
    - there are a several million people in California who do not have charging outlets where they live and it would cost literally billions to install exterior chargers at every apartment complex, motel and campgroud to name a few.

In essence, this a feel good, unattainable goal that he can get away with because all of his eunuch followers fawn over every similar act he takes. It really means nothing.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Well, many miss the point that the Idiot Baines is simply trying to thump his chest and say "See, I can do anything I want because I am King and my illegal comrades will keep me in office".

He knows as well as anyone that:
    - in 2035 he will be long gone and the sitting governor can overturn his executive order
    - the California electrical grid cannot and will never handle the charging of an extra 1-2 million or more electric vehicles
    - there are a several million people in California who do not have charging outlets where they live and it would cost literally billions to install exterior chargers at every apartment complex, motel and campgroud to name a few.

In essence, this a feel good, unattainable goal that he can get away with because all of his eunuch followers fawn over every similar act he takes. It really means nothing.
    QFT

Gedunk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2020
    Austin
    Maybe this is the future

Attachments

• 306603BC-6644-4B18-BE6B-B2C74B2361B3.jpeg
      306603BC-6644-4B18-BE6B-B2C74B2361B3.jpeg
      80.6 KB · Views: 77

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2008
    Jacksonville, Tx, W.Monroe, La
    I see several problems with that idea. Now they are talking about shutting down electric power grids during high wind periods to help prevent sparking and starting wildfires. What happens if you have an electric car that needs recharging in order to evacutate. What does someone who lives in the northern part of the state who needs to visit someone in the southern part of the state, How do they recharge, what is the cost, and how long does it take to recharge an electric car for a long trip. A gas or diesel fillup only takes at most 15-20 minutes. Doing a quick google search, I see a lot of the lower power home chargers require 8-11 hours for a full charge, some vehicles that can connect to high power commercial charge can be charged in about 40-45 minutes. Not california, but I live in E. Texas, my son lives in Jackson, Ms. I would not care to have to stop probably two times in that 350 mile trip to recharge to ensure that I did not run out of a charge, a normal 5 1/2 to 6 hour trip would then end up closer to 7+ hours.

Lastly what would the cost of a decent home charger be, and would all vehicles be able to accept the same chargers, needs to be a standard out there like for gasoline nozzles at service stations. I think most homes would require a rather expensive and probably difficult electric upgrade to install a decent charger, then what about families with multiple vehicles, could you even get home service for multiple chargers, or who has charging priority, How much upgrade to the overall electric grid will be required to service what will probably be a huge increase in demand. Where is california going to get the electric power after banning fossil burning or nuclear power plants.

Last edited:

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    They will be phased out completely by 2035.

Don't get me wrong, this is a completely stupid idea that is nothing more than a way to divert attention away from their piss poor forest management skills and that denies you the freedom to choose what you want to drive, but it will be interesting to see what kind of effect this has on the US auto industry. Electric cars are getting better, and really the only thing holding them back is the batteries.

That and the availability of electricity. I really like the ad with the California Amazon driver of their electric fleet of vehicles saying how much he likes saving the environment for his girls while showing all the windmills in the background.

Texas needs to make sure we educate the influx of Californians that we vote Red here and the Blue is why they moved.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I see several problems with that idea. Now they are talking about shutting down electric power grids during high wind periods to help prevent sparking and starting wildfires. What happens if you have an electric car that needs recharging in order to evacutate. What does someone who lives in the northern part of the state who needs to visit someone in the southern part of the state, How do they recharge, what is the cost, and how long does it take to recharge an electric car for a long trip. A gas or diesel fillup only takes at most 15-20 minutes. Doing a quick google search, I see a lot of the lower power home chargers require 8-11 hours for a full charge, some vehicles that can connect to high power commercial charge can be charged in about 40-45 minutes. Not california, but I live in E. Texas, my son lives in Jackson, Ms. I would not care to have to stop probably two times in that 350 mile trip to recharge to ensure that I did not run out of a charge, a normal 5 1/2 to 6 hour trip would then end up closer to 7+ hours.

Lastly what would the cost of a decent home charger be, and would all vehicles be able to accept the same chargers, needs to be a standard out there like for gasoline nozzles at service stations. I think most homes would require a rather expensive and probably difficult electric upgrade to install a decent charger, then what about families with multiple vehicles, could you even get home service for multiple chargers, or who has charging priority, How much upgrade to the overall electric grid will be required to service what will probably be a huge increase in demand. Where is california going to get the electric power after banning fossil burning or nuclear power plants.
    What are you trying to do - use common sense? That will get you banned from Cali.

Top Bottom