• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Hopefully the Californians over there fighting the good fight for more 2A friendly legislation will have more victories like this.

Mugtown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Capital City Texas
    http://news.yahoo.com/court-tosses-california-39-concealed-weapons-rules-200215313.html

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A divided federal appeals court on Thursday struck down California's concealed weapons rules, saying they violate the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

By a 2-1 vote, the three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said California was wrong to require applicants to show good cause to receive a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
    "The right to bear arms includes the right to carry an operable firearm outside the home for the lawful purpose of self-defense," Judge Diarmuid O'Scannlain wrote for the majority.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Courts are finally starting to get off their lazy asses and do their jobs... We'll see how long it lasts...

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    this is truly monumental and unexpected. Good for the people of the West! Remember, this affects more states than California. Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Nevada, Idaho, and Guam can now breathe a sigh of relief that sound 2nd Amendment jurisprudence is being built.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    The good news is that a U.S. appellate court (in California no less ) felt no other recourse other than to begrudgingly affirm what the SCOTUS shared with them back in 2008 & 2010.

The bad news is that they all still refuse to take the Constitution seriously. The 2nd Amendment did not carve out a government sanctioned "right" that could be regulated, or restricted. It reserved a RIGHT to the people free from all government infringement, interference, and trespass. The carving out of a "right" that can only be exercised with state sanctions as though it had previously been a cleverly hidden enigma would be laughable.....if not so downright sad.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    This was a ruling by a 3-judge panel - it can be appealed to be reconsidered by the full 11-member court. If overturned (or whatever the legal term is), the the winners become the losers and vice-versa. I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's the way is goes.

kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    Surprised the hell out of me, but then again there are a lot of activists in CA. Hopefully the ball continues to roll and knocks down opposition as it does! :) 2A advances in CA are great news for the entire country.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I know that it's popular to be afraid and stress over Liberal attacks on our Constitutionally guaranteed rights but the tide is turning!

Remington just announced expansion of their operations to Alabama which adds another nail in Liberal coffins. What difference does that make? When their citizens realize that Liberals have screwed them out of their jobs, things will hit the fan!

Many court cases are strongly in favor of the individual RKBA and they are striking down restrictive laws in many Liberal havens.

Statistics are alarming to Liberal liars who state that gun violence is UP and the need for more restrictions is at a crisis level. That just isn't so! Check the statistics and check the Harvard study on gun laws. Liberal lies are being torpedoed one by one!

The tide is turning, people like me who HATE politics are awake, alert, mad as Hell and VOTING! Courts are awakening to Liberal lies and punitive gun restrictions. Those laws are being swatted like flies.

There will be a wave of protest in the next few elections. I believe that computerized voting is highly suspect and tampered with, but we'll address that, too.

I don't believe that Liberals ever thought pro gun forces could or would mobilize like they have. The Internet has helped our cause in sharing of ideas and combining efforts. Watch for that to be under attack, next.

Is the battle won? Hell, no! But round two is in play and "the times, they are a changin'."

Flash

Last edited:

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I know that it's popular to be afraid and stress over Liberal attacks on our Constitutionally guaranteed rights but the tide is turning!

Remington just announced expansion of their operations to Alabama which adds another nail in Liberal coffins. What difference does that make? When their citizens realize that Liberals have screwed them out of their jobs, things will hit the fan!

Many court cases are strongly in favor of the individual RKBA and they are striking down restrictive laws in many Liberal havens.

Statistics are alarming to Liberal liars who state that gun violence is UP and the need for more restrictions is at a crisis level. That just isn't so! Check the statistics and check the Harvard study on gun laws. Liberal lies are being torpedoed one by one!

The tide is turning, people like me who HATE politics are awake, alert, mad as Hell and VOTING! Courts are awakening to Liberal lies and punitive gun restrictions. Those laws are being swatted like flies.

There will be a wave of protest in the next few elections. I believe that computerized voting is highly suspect and tampered with, but we'll address that, too.

I don't believe that Liberals ever thought pro gun forces could or would mobilize like they have. The Internet has helped our cause in sharing of ideas and combining efforts. Watch for that to be under attack, next.

Is the battle won? Hell, no! But round two is in play and "the times, they are a changin'."

Flash

A long read but an interesting perspective on why Liberals are unable to be swayed by facts;

An Analysis of Liberal Debate Tactics also see r/K Selection Theory

Top Bottom