California has more ammo than Texas????? WTF

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by accordingtoome, Feb 16, 2009.

1. accordingtoome

accordingtoome Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    simple.. i called a buddy of mine and he said ammo was a plenty. he just got back from the local store Turners, and bought 10 boxes of 9mm and a case of 45. said there was a lot left and its been like that for the last 3 weeks. here is the add.
    Turner's Outdoorsman

i just paid 11.99 for the 9mm at the local show this weekend.

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    We have plenty of ammo at Red's. About the only thing we are running low on is self-defense ammo in 9mm. We're quite a bit higher than most big box stores, which is probably why.

That being said, we've had no issues getting ammo in our orders. I think with the bigger demand it's exposing inadequacies in ordering and supply chains. It was never a huge seller for the big box stores, so ordering once every two or three weeks was probably good enough.

3. accordingtoome

Oct 13, 2008
    that is a good point. I would love to get some 9mm ammo for under 10 bucks a box right now.

4. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have to wonder what the stats say about the number of gun owners in CA compared to Texas. I'd be willing to bet a few bucks that it's down to a supply and demand issue, with Texas retailers experiencing a significantly higher demand than those in CA.

5. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    From another message board, a comment by a guy in SoCal looking for .357mag defense ammo: "if I can find them..local stores shelves are empty because people fear what that prick may come up with down the road..."

6. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Not really. There aren't as many gun shops in CA, but there are a lot more gun owners than you'd think. In the past 3 or so years, there have been about 20K new ARs and AKs brought into CA.

7. accordingtoome

Oct 13, 2008

actually i would say more.. i was first in line to buy the lowers when they went on sale ( at a huge markup ) coldwarshooters.com had a great deal on lowers i think i paid $750 for 3 Mega gator lowers.. .. :lolz: