• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spencerk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    San Antonio
    0FA107A5-1168-4BFB-8722-ED2ED1029781.jpeg
    the title says it all. I recently moved to San Antonio from CA. Fell in love with Texas the minute I crossed the New Mexico/Texas border.

A little about myself. I’m a security professional. Armed guard/executive protection officer. I finished my level II/III/IV training last week and I’m now waiting on being commissioned here in SA. Security is very different here in Texas and much more regulated than in CA (go figure). On the upside, I can carry a shotgun on duty. Got my 12ga certificate and immediately went out and purchased an SDS LYNX 12 (saiga clone) which is going to wind up being my first ever NFA type firearm. Already slapped a Zhukov-S stock on it and and a hogue grip. I’ve put over 500 rounds of cheap crappy low power ammo through it to test it’s reliability. On the mid gas setting it didn’t have a single malfunction. Obviously, everything else I ran through it worked flawlessly. I’m specifically building this for duty and hog hunting.

Love the Texas gun laws. Being able to keep a loaded handgun concealed in my truck gives me a peace of mind I never had in Ca.

I may be crazy but I even love the weather out here.

Can’t wait to start growing my free state firearm collection! I literally sold every Ca compliant gun I owned.

I already bought an FNS 9 (can’t buy those in Ca) and the LYNX 12, and I have an OD green Kel-Tec PMR 30 on layaway. That was my CA dream gun. Especially since I have a fetish for .22 mag.

Well. Enough about me. It’s time to do Texas stuff
    11A72793-DC57-4F7A-9278-B5AB145F83F0.jpeg

Spencerk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    San Antonio
    Welcome to Texas and TGT.

Seems to be a lot of ex-Californians moving in.

With politicians like Maxine waters and nanci Pelosi (let alone Gavin newsome) as our so called “representation” your probably going to see a mass migration of blood red Californians.

I’m a rare California redneck.

People here in SA don’t even realize I’m from Los Angeles. Lol. Even got the country accent to boot.

Forgot to mention, I went to gunsmithing school haha. Not your average Californian.

I bleed red white and blue, my body Oder smells like gunpowder (possibly lead poisoning) and when I speak liberals tend to fly off their hinges.

I actually moved here to reconnect with my biological family. Grew up 1400 miles away from them and somehow their Texan blood stuck with me. Lol

Spencerk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    San Antonio
    Yeeeesh. That Maxine Waters person is nuts.

She is quite literally that one little deformed nut that makes you wonder how good the quality control at the nut factory is. She makes ex senator Leland Yee look like an alter boy.

If you don’t know who that is look him up.

He is currently serving time in federal prison for arms dealing. He co-authored the micro stamping bill...

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Spencerk, welcome to Texas and the forum.

You will find TX regulations are more founded in special interests than common sense, but we do have nice gun laws, some of which could still use some fixin'.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I’m a rare California redneck.

i got ya beat, I'm asian. even more rare. The south will rice again.

Welcome to Texas and TGT.

Seems to be a lot of ex-Californians moving in.

before I moved here, a lot of y'all gave me some advice that has saved my hide. the best one was:

"don't talk about how you did things back home. this is texas, not back home, no one cares."

Welcome, vote red, and be sure to tell friends and family back home how horrible Texas is.
    Nice socal refugee at target in Watauga taught me that one.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Last edited:

yakdung

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Texas
    Welcome to Texas! Nice scattergun. I own a Tromix customized built version. Made it under the wire before Tony stopped offering the service.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Top Bottom