Military Camp

CALIFORNIANS!!!.. What part did you escape from?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    ...and some say I rant, (I do) but whoo-boy, there's a whole passel of us ranters on this board.

It's good catharsis and much better than kicking your dog.
    Texas SOT

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Next we'll be reading that some Russian invented airplanes and cars.

That Laplanders invented the internet and BBQing was invented by some obscure Bostonian.

Please, all of the above were created in Texas by native Texans - on their day off.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I would condone kicking a cat.

I do love being here, wish I had moved here much earlier. Glad my kids all got here 6 and under, hopefully they get some good ol' Texan in them here in the Metroplex.

But for the love of God, you've got to at least try the Tijuana style Mexican food one day. Just some street style carne asada and all the fixings wrapped up in a giant doughy flour tortilla. Just once.

Sent from my Sig Sauer

Last edited:

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    But for the love of God, you've got to at least try the Tijuana style Mexican food one day. Just some street style carne asada and all the fixings wrapped up in a giant doughy flour tortilla. Just once.

Next you will be pushing Ensenada fish tacos and black beans in lieu of pintos. No. Just no. Some good stuff has come out of California (in addition to I-10), but their barbecue and Mexican food just don't make the list.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Next you will be pushing Ensenada fish tacos and black beans in lieu of pintos. No. Just no. Some good stuff has come out of California (in addition to I-10), but their barbecue and Mexican food just don't make the list.
    yes, the fish tacos are to die for. Thank you.

beans? not a bean fan, but I do like them all equally.

Barbecue? Well, San Diego does have Kansas City Barbeque where Goose played Great Balls of Fire on the piano, if that counts.

The reality is this argument is just about moot. Basically the differences between how food is prepared in various regions of another country.

Oddly, the beautiful chimichanga, burrito, and gobs of other fatbody treats trace back to Tejas rather than Mexico.

Look guys, Food aside, all I'm saying is maybe there's nothing wrong with identifying as the opposite gender, growing dreadlocks, harboring illegals, and removing Christ from country and schools. Maybe we all need to practice political correctness and have a little more modesty with what constitutes gun rights. Do we really even need guns at all?

Sent from my Sig Sauer

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Look guys, Food aside, all I'm saying is maybe there's nothing wrong with identifying as the opposite gender, growing dreadlocks, harboring illegals, and removing Christ from country and schools. Maybe we all need to practice political correctness and have a little more modesty with what constitutes gun rights. Do we really even need guns at all?

Chumming to see who'll bite?

So, I'll take a wee bite - dreads on white people look moronic, but provide notice said dread-head identifies as a shit-bag lefty.

As to food. I've eaten lots of Tex-Mex, New Mexico Mexican dishes and yes, Cali's version of Mexican food. Both New Mexico and Cali Mex food is adequate at best, while Tex-Mex is absolutely, hands down THE best!

Hell, I'm eating some now!!

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    A Cali conservative is quite liberal around here.
    Their food claim to fame is frying Zucini in strips instead of buttons. It is good.
    Wataburger is a very good 'fast food' burger. In-n-out was good in the '70s. Their original hook was a two sided drive thru. Fries suck.
    Rented a car in LA once, the brochure said Cali people consider traffic laws suggestions. I learned to drive there, its true

RevolverBuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2016
    Round Rock
    Born in Woodland, CA. Small farm town near Sacramento.
    Family moved to Redlands, CA on I-10 when young. Used to go dove, quail, and rabbit hunting after getting out of high school in San Timeteo Canyon, even carrying my rifle or shotgun in city limits to reach the edge of town (try that now lol).
    Lower division college at University of California, Riverside.
    Upper division college at University of California, Berkeley. Anyone know that UCB has one of the largest Naval ROTC detachments in the country and also a very robust USAF ROTC program? Majored in forestry.
    Worked in the timber industry near Placerville below Lake Tahoe then in Mendocino County on the North Coast.
    Switched to the tech industry after relocating to Orange County, California.
    Spent several years working in Washington State.
    Back to California for a short stint teaching skiing full-time at Mammoth Mountain ski resort then drove ambulance full-time in Southern California.
    Eventually went back to Washington for last ten years for a tech job.
    Now in Texas for a tech job.

Like it here, enjoy living in a Red state and hope it stays that way. Eventually will probably move to Utah, Wyoming, Montana, or Idaho to be closer to skiing. That may have to wait till retirement. Likelihood of moving back to the Left Coast, Zero. High taxes, too crowded, air pollution, too many liberals, screwed up state governments, you name it. The natural beauty of the West Coast states just doesn't balance out the screwed up aspects of living there. Happy to go back to Oregon and Washington for summer vacations. Living there again, no way,

Conservative and proud of it. If you all want to lump me in with a bunch of granola eating, tie-die shirt wearing, patchouli smelling, lentil eating, California hippies then to hell with you all.

*This rant brought to you courtesy of beer* :boom:

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    RevolverBuff,

No question about it, the Pacific coastal states are spectacularly beautiful, but the leftists element is so strong I wouldn't spend a moment of time in them.

Glad you're here!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I've probably eaten hundreds of double meat-double cheese WhatABurger cheeseburgers and loved every one of em.

I wish I had one for breakfast.

I would eat at least one a day if I had a close by WhatABurger, but alas, the closest one is quite a distance away, so when I'm in that neighborhood, I stop by and get one.

As a cheeseburger gourmand, aficionado even, I've eaten cheeseburgers all over the world, even in Paris, the snob food capital of the world and none can come close to the divinity of a WhatABurger cheeseburger. In between bites of one, I'm know to sing "Heaven, I'm in Heaven".

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I've probably eaten hundreds of double meat-double cheese WhatABurger cheeseburgers and loved every one of em.

I would eat at least one a day if I had a close by WhatABurger, but alas, the closest one is quite a distance away, so when I'm in that neighborhood, I stop by and get one.

As a cheeseburger gourmand, aficionado even, I've eaten cheeseburgers all over the world, even in Paris, the snob food capital of the world and none can come close to the divinity of a WhatABurger cheeseburger. In between bites of one, I'm know to sing "Heaven, I'm in Heaven".

you know what they call a Quarter-Pounder with Cheese in France?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Any self proclaimed "cheeseburger gourmand" who claims any fast food crap to be best immediately loses all credibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    YG,

Just a bit of 'tongue in cheek' cheeseburger humor, old darling.

If truth be known, I'll eat any cheeseburger, that's how I discovered the sheer wonder of the greatness of WB cheeseburgers, doncha know. All the CB's I ate before discovering the heaven sent WB CB's were merely ok, but were mostly (not all) but mostly, just ho-hum.

I'm sure you eat only artisanally crafted, beer fed, hand massaged daily beef from Japanese cows, specifically bred for cheeseburger making, keeping your cheeseburger credibility way up there on the food chain, but I suggest you come back to earth and just once try a WB CB - once this is accomplished, you'll quickly abandon those hipster CB's.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would never sour my grill with Japanese beef!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Until you make a burger from beef you've grown yourself in the pasture, you've not had a good burger.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    YG,

No Wagu for you, eh?

It's some mighty fine beef it is.

It's so good, it's great eaten tartare style too.

If you've no experience with tartare, I can assure you, if you give it a try with some high quality hamburger meat (that can be trusted to be free of potential bad ju-ju bugs, it's great eaten with some raw onion.

Top Bottom