• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I put a down payment on a silencer finally. I'm just waiting to see if trump signs an executive order on removing silencers from NFA list or if we have to wait until the hearing protection act is passed the normal way having to go through the house and the Senate before it goes to trump to sign

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Crazy, you are.
    I know but what's a week or two in the grand scheme of things. I just hope that when the hearing protection act is signed people get there 200 back

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I'll probably wind up paying it off this weekend and then doing the form 4 and wait the standard time

Goliath

Forum Sponsor
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2016
    El Paso, TX
    I read an article that said he should have it passed within the first 90 days of being president. who knows if it will actually happen... at least there is Hope

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I am excited that one day I will join the ranks of silencer owners. What a proud day that will be.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The nice thing is your suppressor is claimed. If the HPA passes you are guaranteed to get one.

Those without a pending form will be stuck in line waiting for supply to meet demand.

Think those people waiting outside an Apple store for the latest Iphone are crazy? You haven't seen anything.........

RandyM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Seabrook, TX
    So it takes an act of congress to remove suppressors from the NFA list, I have a couple of friends that have been waiting over two years now for that law to change.
    Also at $200 an application, why would they give up that income?

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I payed the 200 for the tax stamp. So hopefully the clock starts soon on the wait timer. Went through silencer shop. Hope it is worth it

41magnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    I payed the 200 for the tax stamp. So hopefully the clock starts soon on the wait timer. Went through silencer shop. Hope it is worth it

Just returned from the range after sighting in my .308W with the suppressor attached. Nine months from paying for/submitted form 4/& so on.

Buyers remorse in the interim?

YOU BETCHA!

Today, my thoughts are, best firearms related money I've spent in a lone time if not ever.

Now a downside to direct thread attachments.

The "Dam-its" (same folks that hide your keys, your phone, the remote, yea those devils) hid my thread protector.

And no one locally has one. Well, Midway does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z0Tex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Temple, TX
    The nice thing is your suppressor is claimed. If the HPA passes you are guaranteed to get one.

Those without a pending form will be stuck in line waiting for supply to meet demand.

Think those people waiting outside an Apple store for the latest Iphone are crazy? You haven't seen anything.........
    This. So much this.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Patience is your friend.

I wouldn't buy a suppressor at this time.

Many of us have lived without one up to now, so we can live without one for awhile longer.

If the HPA passes, plus a little time passage after it passes, you won't be paying an arm and leg for a suppressor as domestic competitors will be coming out with far less costly suppressors.

And, quite possibly foreign imports will be coming onto our shores too with their far less costly suppressors too.

Currently, in foreign countries residents pay in the neighborhood of $100-150 for a suppressor, so why do manufacturers here demand so much higher cost for their suppressors?

Because they can, for the can. Manufacturers and distributors have gotten away with their pricing scheme as there's little overall competition. They've relied on 'what the market will bear' and Americans just said, "oh well, yeah suppressors cost a lot, but I want one no matter..."

I hope those days will soon be over as the passage of HPA and the free enterprise system, plus competition will drive down cost to the consumer.

P.S. Current suppressor businesses are deathly afraid of HPA..because the gold mine they've had up to now will have played out.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Anyone wanting a suppressor would be a fool to wait on the government to actually do something smart. Does anyone really believe the HPA will even come up for a vote this year? Even on the outside chance it does, it will be at least a year after passage before going to effect.

Currently both versions are sitting in committee in each respective body, and they are not the same language. So there will have to be a reconciliation process before anything happens and that just slows things even more.

I'm not waiting. I just filed on another can this week. I'll get it long before anyone will that waits on HPA to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Some people are really chafed around the posterior over suppressors they so aren't even a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    While I do believe that prices and availabilty will be unstable for a time, I also believe the prices will come down to reasonable levels, especially since suppressors are not that hard to make, and many of us will try our hand at making our own.

I have already made one on a form 1 and it wasn't that hard to do, and surprisingly enough, it works great!

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Top Bottom