• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I made the mistake of going to the gun show today and it got me thinking.

I have a Bulgarian AK imported as a pistol, at the time(4-5 years ago) I didn't realize it wasn't converted back to a rifle(trunnion) Ive been saving up to have it converted they was $145 plus parts I have about $100 more than I need saved, but I saw some Arsenal folders today, and I kind of want one. Last time I was in Tac47 they said they would trade me a unconverted saiga(don't want to convert), but I want to eventually have a Bulgarian folder put on my ak.

Would I be better off..
    A. having my AK smithed
    B. Trying to sell it and use that money and what Ive saved to get something else(arsenal folder or something similar)?

Its a good shape I don't beat it on stuff or throw it down, and its pretty clean.

Figured id get yalls opinion before I head to Tac47

Iphone 084.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I'd opt for the Arsenal you linked to. If AKs were scarce, It would be worth the work, but for me to do it, it's $150 in parts alone. Then I've got to cut and fill the receiver for the folder trunnion and drill and cut for the front latch. Then there's the fun of getting the latch in place. Not too bad on your Bulgarian...but the last one I did was a yugo and it was a massive pain.

That 107 is a great rifle. Overall size and barrel length (when cut) are perfect IMO.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I'd opt for the Arsenal you linked to. If AKs were scarce, It would be worth the work, but for me to do it, it's $150 in parts alone. Then I've got to cut and fill the receiver for the folder trunnion and drill and cut for the front latch. Then there's the fun of getting the latch in place. Not too bad on your Bulgarian...but the last one I did was a yugo and it was a massive pain.

That 107 is a great rifle. Overall size and barrel length (when cut) are perfect IMO.

i think I paid 600 for mine if I could get 500 id porobably be happy and I have 300 saved. may not be enough to find on lol. going to go talk to the Tac47 guys and see what they would give me for it. they would just tacticool it out and resell it

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    OK well I got to looking a folder in 5.56 was 700 today, the same in 7.62x39 is 1000-1100

I figured they would be about the same price boy was I wrong. Why would a gun converted to 5.56 be cheaper than a 7.62x39?

Well back to saving I guess lol. May just get a trunnion put in this one and put a stock on it for now

Supposedly theres a guy in conroe with all the tools to build AKs Some folks I know are friends with him. May see if I can use his stuff and do it myself(with help)

Last edited:

navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    I'd just keep the pistol and buy a knew AK. You can get Wasr-10's, Opaps, Npaps, and Romy g's for very cheap and wouldn't need to save much more to get one.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    It's not a pistol really it's a rifle with a pistol trunnion and a shitty stock. I have a Bulgarian 1.6mm it needs to be a rifle or it's blasphemous lol

sent from the bathroom

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    It's at the gunsmith now he quoted me a good price (quit a but less than the other they gave me so I went for it. Can't decide what stock Bulgarian or AR and don't know if I should get the short or NATO length. Probably NATO but I'd rather it be a little short than too long

sent from the bathroom

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Nope Conroe way north of corpus lol. I used to work in Corpus a lot though. As tall as I am the Nato may even be a little short..which I want. My just go ahead and get the smith to order a Kvar stock

Top Bottom