• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Has nobody seen the Calvin Klein ads (and other trendy designers as well) for like the last 10 or 15 years? There have been half naked (yes exposed) women as well as damn near naked men in ads between the covers of Marie Claire magazine, GQ, even RedBook and many others going back quite a while. Tommy Hilfiger has been known to depict numerous people in suggested sexual situations quite frequently as well. The decline of society is not a recent thing. It has been eroding itself for my entire lifetime. Is this image a little too much? Probably. Is it any worse than the images that have led the ad people to push it to this point? IMO no. YMMV

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    It's not about right or wrong, or what they'll get in trouble for, it's about, when the dust settles, will I have more money and business regardless of what it cost along the way.

We "can" do anything; we "should" do what we decide for ourselves is for the better. Some don't have the self control to do what's right, or rather, not do what's not right.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So what! I don't now or in the future have any desire to purchase anything labeled Calvin Klein. Fact is a certain percentage of people are into threesomes, just as a percentage are queer. From the looks of the ad it appears to be two gays with a hot chick thrown in as to not scare off closet cases from buying Calvin Klein's products.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I think the entire sexual appeal thing is overrated anyways. It has appeal because of the sheltered lifestyle of Americans. Hiding sex from your kids is as effective as hiding alcohol from them. It's an issue that should be addressed, although having it rammed down society's throat is another issue.

This is just another remnant of the Puritan lifestyle.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    It's marketing 101. I'm sure they knew it would stir up a storm, create millions of dollars of free publicity, and therefore be successful. We wouldn't be discussing CK if this were not true.

It was sleazy but highly successful in doing what they set out to do.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Can't wait to see a Schlitz Malt Liquor commercial on Sesame Street.

On a side note, does anyone on the board buy CK products? Here, if it doesn't say Levi or Fruit of the Loom, it's not worn often.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Levis is just as bad. They help bankroll anti-gun stuff through an organization called PAX - an ironically named organization for Firefly/Serenity fans.

Top Bottom