• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    New to Texas but not to camping, so we made the short drive up to Oaklahoma to Beavers Bend State Park for a 3 Day 2 night get away.
    I have got to say its beautiful there and was one of the best camping experiences I have had.A lot to do and see, some things such as canoeing we had to skip as the water was ice cold.After making a pit stop at Academy for some nice sleeping bags the 40 Deg. Nights weren't bad at all.
    Nothing like no electronics, food cooked over a camp fire and good time with family.

Here are a few pics.

dujysudu.jpg
    yqa5ynyb.jpg
    u7e4abyd.jpg
    u6aqe7a6.jpg
    8uvetu4e.jpg

5ysusa9a.jpg
    Lynx Defense

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    There were quite a few RV spots.The people across from us actually had a small RV/van. We just looked for a grassy area because the tent was 14x10 vs most 12x12 tent pads and it just dosent fit well.

Any good suggestions for a nice place to camp in TX? This was roughly a 3 hr drive. Not to far but it might be nice to find somthing closer aswell.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I have camped at Pedernales Falls State Park, McKinney Falls, and Bastrop State Park. Also, Austin's City Park on Lake Travis. But that was years ago. All nice, but nothing as scenic as Beaver Bend. Might be some camp grounds on the Guadalupe River, near New Braunfels. You might try Garner State Park on the Frio River during the off season, if there is an off season. It was pretty crowded when I was there.

There are some smaller Parks in the Luling, Lockhart, Gonzales area that are pretty nice. I'm thinking one was Palmetto State Park.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    There were quite a few RV spots.The people across from us actually had a small RV/van. We just looked for a grassy area because the tent was 14x10 vs most 12x12 tent pads and it just dosent fit well.

Any good suggestions for a nice place to camp in TX? This was roughly a 3 hr drive. Not to far but it might be nice to find somthing closer aswell.

Don't know where you are but check out Lake Somerville - less than 2 hours from Austin...

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I'm in Mckinney, thanks for the suggestions fellas I will check them out tomorrow. We went out to Beavers thinking the cold nights would keep some away but it was packed! I probably won't go again untill spring time. Being just below 40 at night was a little cold lol.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    We used to go to BB all the time as a kid and young adult when we lived in east Texas.

That is a great place to get away ...

Top Bottom