• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I'm reading some the news articles, and looking at the Texas legislature website. The statesman reports that HB1893 died in the House 'on a technicality'. I can't find any specific reference to the technicality. Can anybody here clue me in?

I think it originally died in the House but will be re-submitted since the Senate passing, not positive, but I believe this is what is going on.

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    One can subscribe to a Bills status by e-mail.

Just saw that they are in session today Saturday, the 30th..

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    One can subscribe to a Bills status by e-mail.

Just saw that they are in session today Saturday, the 30th..

Yep, last day. The problem is that it was set on the general calendar, not the major so it had a chance.

Collin county needs to take note for the next Election.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Yes, and it's dead. That why we're watching SB1164.

The reason the HB died was explained earlier in this thread or maybe another thread.

After the Senate vote it goes back to the House does it not? I understand that its on the general calendar but as of yet it is not completely dead correct?

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    After the Senate vote it goes back to the House does it not? I understand that its on the general calendar but as of yet it is not completely dead correct?

The House version you posted is dead, not the Senate version. It just needed to get on the major calendar to have the best chance to hit the floor of the house for a vote. Being on the general calendar likely set it up to die. Of course it was sat long enough to almost ensure it's death. Thus the need for Collin County voters to send McAss a message next election and put him on the street for pulling his stunts.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Texas Legislature is done for the next two years, there is supposed to be a special session called, but I doubt this bill will see it....

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    so wait i thought the campus carry bill passed the house but hasnt been sent to the senate yet. Have i gotten some information wrong, has the bill failed both?

The session has been over for a week. It had passed the Senate but needed to be placed on the house calendar but was sat on until it was too late. It was placed on the general calendar which meant at the back of the line with no hope to see daylight.

See the other thread with the updates of all pending firearm related bills that were screwed. Then vote in a manner to keep that kind of under handed thing from happening again.

Top Bottom