Lynx Defense

Campus Carry for Junior and Community Colleges Start Today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/01/texas-campus-carry-law-now-applies-to-community-colleges.html

For many it's not a big deal, but for me it reminds me that I have some thinking to do. I am not really worried about the students carrying, it's more along the lines of me. How and if I should carry while in the lab or whether I should lock it up in my office during those periods. I may have to get some insight from my colleagues on these matters.

In all, it's still a good feeling and freedom that I can enjoy in the great state of Texas!
    ARJ Defense ad

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Some campuses do not permit it to be locked up anywhere but your pov. Be careful.

I carried today. I carried in the office, shop, on a tractor test drive and 4 wheeler test drive. Ordinary things for most country folk, but everything my boss was worried about. No events happened other than a more productive than usual day.

I DID have to conceal under a tucked in shirt for the first time. Made me thankful the wife got me an alien gear iwb holster a while back. Most people didn't see it, even when they were looking. About half thought I was ankle carrying. Lol

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Of course I will comply with the rules put forth by the college. I teach Welding Technology and although I don't believe the gun will go off from the proximity of heat and fire, I don't want the gun damaged from sparks and dross.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Dang, I was AT Brazosport College today to enroll my middle kiddo and disarmed myself at the car. Found out when I got inside that today is the day!!!

Ah well. I'm really really excited about this because I will likely be coming on the campus late some nights to pick up the 15 year old from his dual credit Machinist class.

(I am also really really excited at starting him on a trade driven path at 15!)

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Dang, I was AT Brazosport College today to enroll my middle kiddo and disarmed myself at the car. Found out when I got inside that today is the day!!!

Ah well. I'm really really excited about this because I will likely be coming on the campus late some nights to pick up the 15 year old from his dual credit Machinist class.

Good for you, and him!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Of course I will comply with the rules put forth by the college. I teach Welding Technology and although I don't believe the gun will go off from the proximity of heat and fire, I don't want the gun damaged from sparks and dross.
    You should be ok. It's concealed, so it'll be covered from any sparks. I run our vehicle maintenance shop and find myself cutting and welding on occasion. With my gun at the 4 o'clock, its both covered by fire resistant clothing and behind me when work is being done.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    And here is the response from a (snow)flake at San Antonio College... :banghead::banghead:

Snowflake.jpg

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    majormadmax,

IF that isn't "fake news" & it's really a professor, he looks like a DUNCE of the 1st class.
    (I wonder how he's able to get up & out of the house to class if he's that STUPID & CLUELESS??)

yours, satx

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Wow. Dumbass. He knows that it's concealed carry all over the state, right?

Someone should suggest that he should just wear that getup constantly, 24-7 lol, so he'll be safe.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Forgive me for saying so, but it doesn't look like he's got long for this world anyway. (Just saying.....).
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Wildcat Diva,

IF that's a real picture of a real professor (& I'm far from sure that it is), San Antonio College has an UTTER FOOL on their faculty, who deserves a "pink slip" soonest.
    (IF it's a real prof, I think that I'll go audit his geography class so that I can make fun of his obvious STUPIDITY. = The best & most effective weapon to use against a leftist moron/snowflake is PUBLIC RIDICULE.)

Fwiw, when I was in grad school long ago, a group of us grad students & TAs started a "laugh AT Dr. Dawes" program. = "Prof. Dawes" last about 6 weeks of being ridiculed, having "clever comments" left on his windshield/bulletin board & "pointed at" by every sort of student from Freshmen to PhD candidates on campus, before he resigned his tenured faculty job & FLED the city for Boston, MA.
    (The last I heard, he was a vice-principal at a middle school in Haverhill, MA.= Quite a "fall" from being a tenured prof.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Interesting Kilgore thang....
    I note that graduation ceremonies are not listed as a "prohibited area or event".... they do have graduation ceremonies, right?
    And can't help but wonder who will be their handgun safe supplier (i.e., what brand / make) since dorm residents are not allowed to bring or use their own gun safe?
    --

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Interesting Kilgore thang....
    I note that graduation ceremonies are not listed as a "prohibited area or event".... they do have graduation ceremonies, right?
    And can't help but wonder who will be their handgun safe supplier (i.e., what brand / make) since dorm residents are not allowed to bring or use their own gun safe?
    --
    Not speaking for Kilgore, but since it is an event it can have a temporary exclusion area. Our last graduation had so many students we had to move graduation off campus.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I'm pretty sure they have graduation ceremonies. I didn't go to mine, was busy getting the hell outta there ;)
    But they do reserve the right to declare any event a no-go zone. What gets my bristles up most is the whole thing about declaring yourself gun-less and demanding a gun-less room mate in the dorms. The entire staff there has delusions of adequacy and authority.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County

Be careful of the sensitive or exclusion zones that colleges can prohibit carry. My youngest enrolled and I noticed you cannot carry where they provide childcare, high hazard labs, sporting events and enrollment centers. I laugh at the panic since one news station reported only 3% of Texans have an LTC. Since you must be 21 to have an LTC and a decent population attending junior college is under 21, what fractional percent is actually carrying.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Be careful of the sensitive or exclusion zones that colleges can prohibit carry. My youngest enrolled and I noticed you cannot carry where they provide childcare, high hazard labs, sporting events and enrollment centers. ...

Also testing centers and where healthcare is provided. Oh well.

HxbLtQf.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom