Capitol Armory ad

Campus Carry for Junior and Community Colleges Start Today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Chirpy,

PITY. - There's no such thing as a "gun free zone", as VICIOUS criminals don't obey laws AND "active shooters" prefer unarmed, helpless, cowering victims.

yours, satx
    Lynx Defense

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yeah, I suspect it will be {is} pretty much a universal rule that the college president (and/or, a select number of administrative individuals) will always have the authority to decree an event or a location, as "off limits". I was just a little surprised the graduation ceremony wasn't listed as a permanent 'no go' for those who pack!
    I'd still be interested in knowing what make/model of dorm room gun safes they've "approved". (Just wondering if they've done their due diligence by watching YouTube videos to see how easy *some* of them are to break into!).

Chirpy, is that a 'private' institution?
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    There was a show on PBS Channel 13 in Dallas last night about the Tower Shooting at UT in 1966. Had modern day interviews with participants they could find. Charles Whitman remained silent.

After that there was a show on campus carry featuring the San Antonio campus. Little snowflake said she understands the desire to carry in order for those folks to feel safe. But their right to feel safe doesn't include the right to make her feel un-safe. Let the police be the police. She was getting signatures on a petition.

That was about all I could take.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I'd still be interested in knowing what make/model of dorm room gun safes they've "approved". (Just wondering if they've done their due diligence by watching YouTube videos to see how easy *some* of them are to break into!).

I'm pretty sure they're less concerned about safety than about grabbing money. I'd imagine they'll charge 300% MSRP on a safe to rent it, if I remember the prices at their book store correctly.

I messaged them on twitter and asked. Will let you know if they deem me worthy of a reply.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Thank goodness her right to "feel safe" doesn't trump MY right to "feel safe" in accordance with the Constitution of the United States.
    --

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I attend SAC currently as well as other CC throughout San Antonio. If you take a look at the weekly crime reports you will see there is a definite need to carry there, especially at night.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    The school was on lock down just a few weeks ago when there was an shooting near by. I believe a police officer was killed and the suspect was thought to be still in the area. I quietly packed my bag and quickly walked to my car and left after they made the lockdown announcement.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    They still got the 'Kilgore _hore Corps'.... I mean, the 'Kilgore Rangerettes' going on? jk
    4a4ec6a8c578736504194f05714fb246.jpg

Those famous "high kickin' Texans"!
    --

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Is that a joke, or is he actually serious?

Unfortunately, it's not the joke we all assume it was meant to be. He was serious.

I am having a fun online debate on the schools Facebook page with a few anti-gunners. As always, I used the facts that gun laws have never prevented a campus shooting, CHL/LTC holders are far less likely (0.3458%) to commit serious crimes compared to everyone else, that the minimum age for a LTC is 21 so the vast majority of students aren't even eligible for a license (something that needs to change).

I continued with the fact that the professor in question does not have a right to spout his opinion as a part of his job (SAC should sack him), that as of May 2017, 10 states allowed campus carry and Texas has allowed it on four-year colleges for a year now. The first state to legalize campus carry was Utah in 2004. Given those facts, I asked how many campus shootings have occurred by licensed individuals? How much of a distraction has been caused by those who are concealed carrying? Of course the answer to both questions is zero, the only disruption has been by clueless individuals like Professor Smith.

I also stated that as of January 2016, there were 937,419 active CHL holders in Texas—about 3.6 percent of the state's population. That number has increased in the last 18+ months, but that was the latest statistic I could find. So odds were that 4-5% of the people students encountered on a daily basis could be carrying concealed. How many times have they realized that? How many times has it been an issue?

Lastly, I added that Professor Smith has a much greater chance of being killed driving to campus or eating the food that is sold there than being shot by a CHL/LTC holder, yet he moronically decides this is the "issue" he is making a stand on. He is paid to teach geography (a great field, I have an undergrad degree in it!), not parade his insecurities in front of students wishing to get a real education.

All that should go over really well with the snowflakes...

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Too funny
    --
    Beach Boys got it all wrong.... California girls ain't got nuthin' on Texas gals!
    --

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Back 'on topic' (more-or-less): Yeah Kar98, if ya do hear back from them, I'd like to know - just out of curiosity. I'd guess they would have had to put that supply of room gun safes "out for bid" from some local supplier. (And how many would they have known to buy? ....how many 'over 21 yo' students are living in dorm rooms to begin with?)

If all the CC's across Texas do something similar, I'm guessing that's going to be a small windfall for at least a couple of gun safe manufacturers!
    --

Last edited:

RodKo40S&W

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2017
    Austin,Texas
    Chirpy,

PITY. - There's no such thing as a "gun free zone", as VICIOUS criminals don't obey laws AND "active shooters" prefer unarmed, helpless, cowering victims.

yours, satx
    Agree with you 100%. Law-abiding citizen should be only be restricted from carrying a firearm when...well, I can't really think of a time when they should NOT be allowed to carry to protect themselves if necessary

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    majormadmax,

"The esteemed professor" should be glad that I'm not the President of Alamo Colleges, as he would now be unemployed. = CLUELESS FOOL accurately describes him.

yours, satx

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    majormadmax,

"The esteemed professor" should be glad that I'm not the President of Alamo Colleges, as he would now be unemployed. = CLUELESS FOOL accurately describes him.

yours, satx

Clueless fool with tenure.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Out here at my college, dorms are off limits with exception to the commons areas. This was done with visiting parents in mind. They 100% seriously expect the students to leave their guns locked up in their vehicles at night, and expect our 1 night time officer on patrol to be able to watch over the parking lot in addition to checking doors and patrolling campus. No, there's no cameras over that parking lot that I know of.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Shotgun Jeremy,

WHICH Texas community & junior colleges even HAVE dorms??
    (Offhand, I can think of NO such CC/Junior colleges.)

Btw, please tell me where "The Blood Running in the Streets" has occurred at any TX college, since LTC/CCH licensing.
    (ONCE MORE, the hysterical anti-gun FOOLS look FOOLISH.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    kar98,

THANKS. - I didn't know that KJC still had dorms.
    (I knew they did 50 plus years ago, when I dated a Rangerette.)

Fwiw, I know of NO incidents at ANY college where licensed persons committed ANY violent act in TX.
    (As I said earlier, ONCE MORE the hysterical anti-gun/anti-self defense FOOLS look FOOLISH.)

yours, satx

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom