• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I view HOAs as yet just another “level” of government for which you get the privilege of directly paying for! Federal, State, County, City, Neighborhood(HOA).
    DK Firearms

M&P9_Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2015
    My apartment complex is posted 30.07 and it's written into the lease as well. No open carry anywhere outside of my apartment.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    My apartment complex is posted 30.07 and it's written into the lease as well. No open carry anywhere outside of my apartment.

Mine as well, but the property is owned by the folks placing the signs and therefore valid. They can’t tell you what you can do in your apartment cause that’s your private property. The open/common areas are theirs to control.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Acutally, your actual apartment (not your furnishings and personal belongings) is their property and you have leased it subject to the terms of the lease.

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    When I lived in the UK on a private 42 acre estate we had an HOA (although it was called something else) it cost us 2,000.00UKP a year(equivalent to $3,000.00 at the then exchange rate). So when we moved over here I was determined to never live under such a regime again. It was one of the reasons it took us a while to find the right house. There were several places that seemed almost perfect except for having an HOA. I have had enough of people telling me what colour my front door has to be or that I must have wooden window frames because PVC is not in keeping with the "period" of the building.

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Acutally, your actual apartment (not your furnishings and personal belongings) is their property and you have leased it subject to the terms of the lease.

I hold those at the same terms as 500 pages of terms and conditions: too long, didn't read, I was made to sign under duress because no person could possibly read all of that unless they hire a lawyer, thus I don't feel bound by any of that.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I hold those at the same terms as 500 pages of terms and conditions: too long, didn't read, I was made to sign under duress because no person could possibly read all of that unless they hire a lawyer, thus I don't feel bound by any of that.
    Surely you don't dispute the fact thay they own the apartment itself, and that the tenant doesn't own it?

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Surely you don't dispute the fact thay they own the apartment itself, and that the tenant doesn't own it?

Why would I? But while I'm renting a place, whether for years or for the night, it's my home, with all that entails.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Either way, if you browse back in this thread, when management here put up 06/07 signs, I had a discussion with them, and apparently I wasn't the only one.

Top Bottom